Alfasud Speakers - help!

alfasuddriver

Alfasud Speakers - help!

Post by alfasuddriver »

My Sud needs some speakers for the doors and I wondered if anyone could recommend a set? Someone has got carried away making holes in the door cards so I would need larger speakers if possible to fill the space.... thanks in advance!

alfasuddriver

Re: Alfasud Speakers - help!

Post by alfasuddriver »

Well I picked these speakers as they are 17cm and cover up the nasty holes quite well when I quickly tried them for size..
Attachments
image.jpg

vecchioalfa

Post by vecchioalfa »

alfasuddriver wrote:Well I picked these speakers as they are 17cm and cover up the nasty holes quite well when I quickly tried them for size..
Looks good, whatever looks neat by covering the hole I recon, its a shame a lot of these door cards have been cut for speakers or damaged by damp and twisting, the SI Ti ones are very hard to find nowdays in half decent condition, it may be that we need to look into making a mould up and getting some made up in the future

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

vecchioalfa wrote:
alfasuddriver wrote:Well I picked these speakers as they are 17cm and cover up the nasty holes quite well when I quickly tried them for size..
Looks good, whatever looks neat by covering the hole I recon, its a shame a lot of these door cards have been cut for speakers or damaged by damp and twisting, the SI Ti ones are very hard to find nowdays in half decent condition, it may be that we need to look into making a mould up and getting some made up in the future
That would be good. I've seen some pretty nifty modifications to door cards where the damaged cardboard is replaced by plastic of a similar thickness, the trim looks so straight and presentable and of course isn't damaged by any damp that inevitably creeps in..perhaps that's the way forward?

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

Not everyone's idea of fun on a Sunday afternoon but I fitted my new speakers to the Sud. Got the passenger speaker on and the winder handle hit the speaker as you turn it. Thankfully I managed to drop the speaker half an inch. I'd recommend these speakers as they're pretty shallow and don't hit the panel behind and the front suits the interior...here's a pic
Attachments
image.jpg

vecchioalfa

Post by vecchioalfa »

alfasuddriver wrote:Not everyone's idea of fun on a Sunday afternoon but I fitted my new speakers to the Sud. Got the passenger speaker on and the winder handle hit the speaker as you turn it. Thankfully I managed to drop the speaker half an inch. I'd recommend these speakers as they're pretty shallow and don't hit the panel behind and the front suits the interior...here's a pic
Yes they look good :)