Confusing Arms

PETROLHEAD

Confusing Arms

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi all

i have a little bit of a quandry! :?

In my efforts to tidy everything up i came across the stark differences in the various arrangements and sizes of the rear axle suspension arms, and so i call anally pigeon hole and label things accurately, i'd like some second opinions on what these following fit.
DSC_3820.JPG
from left to right i am thinking the following

33 P4 Sprint 33 Sud

the P4 arms are much heavier bars and have a larger bush ID aperture so i think i'm safe with them

here are some measurements to help
DSC_3823.JPG
DSC_3822.JPG
DSC_3821.JPG

mucho appreciato fella's! :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

dralf1965

Re: Confusing Arms

Post by dralf1965 »

No idea, sorry. :roll:

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

It would appear that it has confused more than just myself then eh?

Ill get my refurbed axle under the car soon and at least ill know which day ones are definitely sud, and ive got a suspension swap for the 33 too soon,

Just leaves the sprint to identify really, which leads me to believe that all the sud, sprint and 33 longer arms are the same (except P4)

Sound plausible?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

vecchioalfa

Post by vecchioalfa »

Aye up.... :)

Looking at the first picture where they are all together.... the 1st & 2nd pair are for a late model sprint with outboard brakes & with rear handbrake cables fitted (cable clips to the bracket in the middle), the 4th pair look like alfasud ones (front facing ones), the 5th pair look like again Alfasud but the rearward facing ones, the 3rd pair in the centre I am not sure about to be honest, maybe 33? hope that helps a bit mate anyway....
Cheers Adi

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

remember that the later 33 also had both pairs of arms going forward, not each way like the suds...
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

KevJTD wrote:remember that the later 33 also had both pairs of arms going forward, not each way like the suds...
How interesting. So not a Watts linkage at all - you don't get the benefit of the rear axle as an anti-roll bar. That must have made a difference to the handling, surely? Lots more understeer I guess....

bert308

Post by bert308 »

We must stop further confusing by leaving the Sprint out of the discussion. There is no Sprint suspension 8-) early Sprints had the Sud suspension, later sprints after about 1986 had the 33 Series 1 suspension.
The longer front arms for Sud and 33 are not the same length, as the Sud ones end right under the axle in the center of the wheel while the 33 arms end in front of the axle, difference about 5cm. Easy recognizable, 33 arms have guides welded to them for the handbrake cables. About the short rear arms, not sure if the Sud ones are same length as 33 series 1 and 2. Series 3 33 have all 4 arms go to the front so the upper ones are probably not same length as Sud or 33 1&2 rear arms, that would be a great coincidence.

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

bert308 wrote:We must stop further confusing by leaving the Sprint out of the discussion. There is no Sprint suspension 8-) early Sprints had the Sud suspension, later sprints after about 1986 had the 33 Series 1 suspension.
The longer front arms for Sud and 33 are not the same length, as the Sud ones end right under the axle in the center of the wheel while the 33 arms end in front of the axle, difference about 5cm. Easy recognizable, 33 arms have guides welded to them for the handbrake cables. About the short rear arms, not sure if the Sud ones are same length as 33 series 1 and 2. Series 3 33 have all 4 arms go to the front so the upper ones are probably not same length as Sud or 33 1&2 rear arms, that would be a great coincidence.
I've now gone cross eyed :lol: