Pin out of spica 0440 relay for sprint interior light delay

Pete Jennings

Pin out of spica 0440 relay for sprint interior light delay

Post by Pete Jennings »

Dear all, long shot but does anyone know the pin out of this relay.... I'm trying to get my interior light working ... I can find an earth ... a 12v supply.... the output wire that goes to the interior light ( feed it 12v and the light comes on along with illuminating the ign switch.)
There is another wire that is at 12v until door is opened... then drops to 0v
Relay clicks.... in fact I have 2.... but neither output 12v to put light on .
Was hoping for a relay diagram so I could set it up on the bench and test the relays.... then once I know how relay should behave then I have a chance of correcting the problem with the car...
My new relay was supposed to be tested ...was hoping for plug and play. .. never that simple is it.
Cheers
Peter

LooLooSud33Spider

Re: Pin out of spica 0440 relay for sprint interior light de

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Hi Pete. I have some original wiring Diagrams I’ll. Have a look for you later it may have pin outs
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

Pete Jennings

Post by Pete Jennings »

Fantastic , thankyou. The haynes manual shows 3 wires,1) switched earth from door switches....2) positive output to one side of the interior light and the ignition switch light and finally 3) a 12v supply....
I can find in my car a 12v supply that goes low when door switches are closed... e.g. door opened....a 12v supply.... and a wire going to interior light... I cannot seem to make either relays give me a timed light.
Cheers
Peter
Update for tonight...giving up now...
With the wire going to the interior light connected to pin 30 ... the wire from door switches (12v with doors shut.... and 0v with them open... )connected to 86 and 12v applied to 87 and 85 I can essentially make it like an ordinary relay.... e.g. on or off.... can't seem to get the delay working however I arrange the wires.... tried with 2 different relays.. same results. Doing this means adding a 12v wire that wasn't there this am.... there must be a way but I need to know what the pin out is .
Cheers all.
Peter

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

I gave up trying to get the light to come on when opening the door. Sure interior light is = to one candle power anyway. :lol:

Pete Jennings

Post by Pete Jennings »

Historically mine used to work.... so should be able to resolve.....
My other thought was could anyone with an 83 onwards sprint pop the back off their fuse box and just tell me the colours of the wires and their positions. Or a photo.... the delay timer relay is marked 0440 and is on the upper row ... e.g... not one of the row along the bottom of fuse board..
On mine it's as the hand book states in relay position "A" .... although ironically now I go back and check the hand book it appears to be not where the manual says it should be....... although the wiring from the doors and the interior light originally are wired to this current position so I'm going to assume their were factory variations in relay position.
It would be helpful even if someone could confirm that the delay timer socket only has 3 wires and which pins? Haynes shows 3 wires to this relay.... but I can't seem to get mine to work with just 3.

Cheers
Pete

Pete Jennings

Post by Pete Jennings »

Update... turns out I'm using the standard relay not the delay one.... delay one has indeed 3 pins marked 30,I and L.... and numbered 0948.... so either I leave it wired as is using the standard 0440 or look for a new 0948.
Cheers all

Pete Jennings

Post by Pete Jennings »

Sourced the 0948 relay from germany, wired it up as per the factory manuals wiring diagram.... all working.
Happy bunny... one more thing ticked off the list.
Peter