My Sprint Rebuild.

ricky ricardo

Re: My Sprint Rebuild.

Post by ricky ricardo »

Thanks fella's, there will be video's but wouldn't it be better driving in a irresponsible manner and valve bouncing on a winding road. :mrgreen:

If you've seen a few of my videos with my dslr they'll be better now with an ultra wide angle lens and external mic.

Fetta it might break down driving it that far but you never know I could show up at a track day on the east coast when a 16v is in it, with it on a trailer. :)

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

A maximum wide angle shot so it's a little distorted.

The radio's solidly mounted in the glove box. Hidden behind the gear knob in the ash tray slot is a TM1 engine temperature gauge, it shows temp to the exact degree with an over heat alarm. I use these in my 4x4, in hot weather and sand driving...... well you get the idea, I swear by them. A manual thermo fan switch will be in the cig lighter hole.
Also the gear lever gaiter is from a Nissan Pulsar or Cherry to you guys over the pond, it's almost a direct fit. :)

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

ricky ricardo wrote:the gear lever gaiter is from a Nissan Pulsar or Cherry to you guys over the pond, it's almost a direct fit. :)
Hmmm - Nissan Cherry Europe = Alfa Arna, could be a connection, methinks!

Actually there's no telling given the number of upgrades the Cherry has been through over the years...

Great looking Sprint by the way 8-)

Lauren

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

On that note, just a little bit on the side,

did you know Lauren that Peter Grummit, AlfaSud Parts, is forming an Alfa Arna club/forum?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

petrolhead wrote:On that note, just a little bit on the side,

did you know Lauren that Peter Grummit, AlfaSud Parts, is forming an Alfa Arna club/forum?
Man that'll be huge. :geek:

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

WooHoo!!!!!!!! I got the car road registered today for the first time since 1989. No physical inspection needed just pay'd my money and walked out with the paper work but I have to wait 2 weeks for the new personal plates. :mrgreen:

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Brilliant Ricky

Stroke of luck that, great news :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Great news chap 8-)
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

Fetta GTV

Post by Fetta GTV »

congratulations :D what plates are you getting?
SPR.INT
900.ser
I always wanted 116.GTV

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

Well I wanted Euro plates but when I saw them they were longer than I thought, didn't like them so went for personal plates. So had to think on the spot, some how ALFR:902 got in my head 902 being in the chassis number. Maybe should have just said ALFA:902, might still have time to change it ? I'm not sure, I'm not to creative with these things as I said it was on the spot.

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

ricky ricardo wrote:A maximum wide angle shot so it's a little distorted.

The radio's solidly mounted in the glove box. Hidden behind the gear knob in the ash tray slot is a TM1 engine temperature gauge, it shows temp to the exact degree with an over heat alarm. I use these in my 4x4, in hot weather and sand driving...... well you get the idea, I swear by them. A manual thermo fan switch will be in the cig lighter hole.
Also the gear lever gaiter is from a Nissan Pulsar or Cherry to you guys over the pond, it's almost a direct fit. :)

Looks like the passenger seat has seen some "action" :oops:

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Kermit wrote:
ricky ricardo wrote:A maximum wide angle shot so it's a little distorted.

maybe just a nervous passenger :lol:

great shot though 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

petrolhead wrote:On that note, just a little bit on the side,

Actually, I did know that, but I wasn't holding my breath or anything...

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

ricky ricardo wrote:WooHoo!!!!!!!! I got the car road registered today for the first time since 1989. No physical inspection needed just pay'd my money and walked out with the paper work but I have to wait 2 weeks for the new personal plates. :mrgreen:
Well done! Glad to hear it isn't all red tape down there :D

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

Kermit wrote:
ricky ricardo wrote:ote]

Well you never know ? One was my desk chair for years or the marked one was the drivers seat, can't remember which.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Looking at the tilt levers, i'd say that they used to be reveresed,

unless they have them both sides?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

Yep there universal Recaros with levers on both sides. I got them out of a 75 VW Passat wagon, not surprisingly they were the only good things on the car.

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Steady a early passat slammed with nice wheels and retro roof rack I'd be in !!!!

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Man loves a German Whip! lol!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Bluesuit

Post by Bluesuit »

Fantastic - great paint scheme!
Alfa Mito 1.6JTDM-2 QV Line

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

^^ Thanks mate.

I've driven the car 40km's even though I'm not supposed to on one licence plate (new one's still to be posted)
I have had few teething problems, not unexpected. I only cleaned the original thrust bearing and repacked it, it was noisy so I've dropped the engine out and already put a new clutch and bearing in.
A brake calliper sprung a leak from the adjuster on the side and after it was first assembled I found a better hand brake cable, worth changing since the hand brake does work. Also going to replace the driver side drive shaft CV's and hub altogether then it should be all good.

I did enjoy my short drive, the car feels tight and solid and tracks straight with pin sharp steering. The 1500 engine sounds and runs awesome but the 33 would slaughter it in a drag race. I love it it's a very engaging car to drive for all the right reasons.

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Hi chap
Not a bad first run and Fair play to you. don't muck about on getting it fix too ;)