Boomeranging P4

PETROLHEAD

Boomeranging P4

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Well its been some years since I've had this particular car in my custody, back some years ago the long financial suffering sponsor of the alfa 33 fraternity, Matt, had me collect and repair a very sorry looking P4.

Many pounds sterling later, half a bootle dockyard had been welded into the floors, sills, arches etc, and it became a very solid shell once more.

The need for a usable roadcar overtook the desire and momentum to finish it off with paintwork and recommissioning, and so many other 33 cars, and outlay swiftly followed...

Today, I've been into the midlands and hauled it back again, with loads of parts and spares, only this time, I'm the owner! :roll:

Lord knows what I'll do with it, suggestions on a postcode to Noel Edmonds, po box swap shop :lol:
DSC_0461.JPG
DSC_0462.JPG
DSC_0460.JPG
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

NUALFAMAN

Re: Boomeranging P4

Post by NUALFAMAN »

Wow now I like that one, said to Kev the other week when he was spraying my 16V that a red P4 next to mine would make a really nice pair of cars on the drive, so I think you should get stuck in and get it restored to its former glory. You never know you could get it finished before Kev gets his Lancia done, or at least by the time he does, ready for a few road trips.
Alfa Romeo 33 (907)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta (940)

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi paul

Yes on the rarity scale a 16v qv AND a p4 in the same stable would be just about tops!

There are far less of either of them on the road than there are Suds and Sprints in reality, its such a shame.

I did an awful lot of work on this one, virtually entire floor and sill rebuilt, arch ends, inners, tunnel reinforcing, jacking points etc etc, that it should just be a replumbing, reconnecting and recommissioning exercise, then paint it!

Sounds simple i know, we all know its never quite that straightforward but this project should be as close to the ideal as it gets really.

Fancy it paul?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

NUALFAMAN

Post by NUALFAMAN »

Wow sounds like not much more than what I have just done to the 16v and of course I wouldn't mind it. And I fancy another project once mines finished. But......
Alfa Romeo 33 (907)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta (940)

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Well, its here at newark if you want to come and see it, along with some very useful p4 spares.

I dont think it will take much doing personally, it was healthy enough previously too, just rotten underneath, and I'm not going to be greedy about it regardless of the potential value.

Pm me if want to mate, I'm all ears! :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Rew147

Post by Rew147 »

Hi Shrew the boomerang is almost back ready for the road !
Attachments
IMG-20220516-WA0004.jpg

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Loving the black wheels style and on red combo!

Very smart, well done
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Rew147

Post by Rew147 »

Thanks mate back on the road now nearly 1000 miles since 1st July