Great new Youtube: 1981 Alfasud series 3 Ti

Alfasam

Great new Youtube: 1981 Alfasud series 3 Ti

Post by Alfasam »

A new YouTube video has appeared recently of a German TV road test of the 1981 S3 Ti which Forum members might be interested to see. In typical German style it is a very thorough road test as you will see if you watch it.

The journalist in the video is the well known test driver (and ex racing driver) Paul Frere who I think may have been Austrian. He used to appear as a columnist in Autocar in the early 1970's as the European correspondent and often test drove new cars at official launches. I think he passed away a few years ago.

Here is the link to the Ti test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf4ODyNDck0

Another nice German produced TV video is a drive of the white Alfasud Super that was apparently purchased by the VW factory museum collection in Wolfsburg a couple of years ago. They lightly restored what was already a very well preserved car. It is well worth watching if you are a series 1/2 saloon fan.

Here is the link to the Super drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAwcxTzy5o

Kegsti66

Re: Great new Youtube: 1981 Alfasud series 3 Ti

Post by Kegsti66 »

How funny.
I have a few days off work this week and I found and watched the white "Zud" test today.
The ti was a rather thorough test, especially that bumpy test track. :o

dave.armstrong

Re: Great new Youtube: 1981 Alfasud series 3 Ti

Post by dave.armstrong »

What great videos - I really enjoyed watching them.

Thanks for sharing the link.

I wish the Ti one was in English.

Very thorough and great to picture it in action not just read about it.

Why are TV road tests not like that today?

Probably too many celebrities trying to make a name for themselves and nothing about the cars. :D