Alfasud SI Ti 1976 Restoration

Veesix75

Re: Alfasud SI Ti 1976 Restoration

Post by Veesix75 »

Brilliant - another great idea shared, I've got some saggy hinges also , thanks , and just like everyone else I'm looking forward to seeing the car.

Still keeping it original colour (hope so)?

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy »

Hi,
My car is the same colour if you want to see one "in the flesh". Did you move down to West Sussex? I am in Alton, Hampshire.
The colour has grown on me (I really like it in the sunshine, as it looks more yellow than beige!) but I do get rude comments from people that do not appreciate '70's retro!
Please can I have details of your seat fabric and the trimmer? I have S2 seats in my car at the moment.
All the best,
Ian

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy »

Further to my previous post on the colour of your 'Sud, you really need to watch the Saab episode (Series 2, Episode 5 - confusingly it is advertised with a picture of a Volvo P1800) of "For the Love of Cars". It is still available on Channel 4's version of the iplayer, but only for another 19 days. The episode covers the restoration of a dilapidated Saab 93 in an attractive/period (delete as applicable!) shade of beige, and there are some amusing discussions over whether to paint it a different colour.

Cheers,
Ian

Alfa_Japan

Post by Alfa_Japan »

Great restoration ongoing here. Thanks a lot for putting a link to the German E-bay seller selling the cage nuts for the bumper attachment to the front inner wings. I ordered those and am happy you put that up.

I was wondering if you have used nuts from the same supplier for your front wing attachment? The mounting rails also require cage nuts or potentially weld nuts. If you have another tip like the one for the bumper cage nuts I would be happy to hear.

Keep up the great work on your TI
Registro Alfasud Giardinetta internazionale (R.A.G.i.)
http://www.alfasud-giardinetta.net/

junior

Post by junior »

I also found the captive nuts at Margnor Fastners, Jacobs Well. Guildford. Surrey. They may well have a web site as well as the shop.

I was passing and nipped in as I used them many years ago and they were very helpful then and now. Even for just a few bolts.

I think that is where I learnt about old metric which had been causing me problems on a motorbike restoration.