Indexing.

NEG

Re: Indexing.

Post by NEG »

I've just fitted a set of B7ES to my Sud Sprint. I've always used the GL plugs as I didn't know any better, the set that was in the car where bought new back around 2000 and have only covered 500 miles or so. I always thought the slight hesitation from pick up and occasional running on 3 was normal or just crap fuel after all I recall my Ti and Green Cloverleaf doing something similar........err maybe not!

Pick up seems much better and it feels more eager from 4K rpm, time will tell I suppose but so far so good!

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Good news Neg,

another convert, and trust me you won't look back :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

there are lodge plugs in my sud at the moment, but will be getting changed for NGK as i too have had no issues with them..

on VJM and other suds/sprints that i've taken to my local carb guy for set-up he usually insists that the plug gap be widened by .1mm to give a bigger spark. the quoted figure of .6mm was too narrow in his opinion. they always ran superbly after he'd tuned them so i can't argue ;)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

NEG

Post by NEG »

The set I've just put in came gapped under .8mm, all where approx .75mm seems OK so far...