33 16v Race Parts required

mbakermarco

33 16v Race Parts required

Post by mbakermarco »

LSD - race clutch - 1200 gearbox - full race 1800cc + engine - OMEX or similar ECU - lightweight flywheel - rear wing (race version a la Sifredi Corse car) - competition gel battery - competition alternator - adjustable coilovers - FULL cage (have half alloy cage at present) - 2 x front indicators 2 x Headlamps - race exhaust manifold - Go Pro camera - | $Will pay fair prices - a lot depends on shipping costs as located in Gold Coast, Australia - Contact: Mark Baker - mbakermarco@aol.com
Mark B
Alfa Tragic - there is no hope.

CURRENT
2009 159 2.4td ti Estate (daily drive)

PREVIOUS
Sud 1.5ti
33 16v (racecar)
33 1.6 (racecar)
4 x GTV 2.0 TS
Sprint (racecar)
1750 GT (sprint car/daily drive)
33 16v Modified Racecar (stupidly sold)

PETROLHEAD

Re: 33 16v Race Parts required

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Are you staying fuel injection marco, or something you can play around with yourself?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

mbakermarco

Post by mbakermarco »

petrolhead wrote:Are you staying fuel injection marco, or something you can play around with yourself?
Was planning on developing the injection route - as my perception is (rightly or wrongly) that this gives more scope ?
Mark B

CURRENT

PREVIOUS
Sud 1.5ti
33 16v (racecar)
33 1.6 (racecar)
4 x GTV 2.0 TS
Sprint (racecar)

mbakermarco

Post by mbakermarco »

mbakermarco wrote:
petrolhead wrote:Are you staying fuel injection marco, or something you can play around with yourself?
Was planning on developing the injection route - as my perception is (rightly or wrongly) that this gives more scope ?
Are you saying the throttle bodies route is better ?
Mark B

CURRENT

PREVIOUS
Sud 1.5ti
33 16v (racecar)
33 1.6 (racecar)
4 x GTV 2.0 TS
Sprint (racecar)

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

depends which way you look at it marco.

BLS stayed with carbs and ignition controller right up the season previous rebuild, which saw them go to Jemvey Throttle bodies and an omex 600 for full efi control.

You can utilise the current throttle bodies of course, but may run out of capability if you end up larger engined aswell in the future, plus, once at full efi type ecu, unless you have a rolling road, very quiet lonely straight roads and no police whatsoever, and are very good with 3d mapping, you'll have cornered yourself into the dyno operator option only, which is pricey even for small changes.

Carbs are still an excellent prospect, i was going to go that route myself, and still might, i have all the kit, (dellorto 45 carbs with tps, new manifolds, new trumpets, new itg filters, omex 100, 145 coil) and although not a cheap option if i was to buy it all again today, its still a big saving on the full efi route in the long run once you factor in the dyno time, and i do like the fact that i could still tinker if its carbs and ignition controller.

no doubt about the fact that there may be certain circuits, bends , situations and loads that full efi controll may be able to overcome the less complex nature of carbs, and the way that they cannot be perfect for every curve ion the world, drivability i'm talking about of course, but for outright performance, they still perform 100% excellent. The BLS graphs from carb to efi changeover, were testament to how well the carbs were already doing, but theres no getting away from the advantages full efi can provide, only at a cost.

does that help or hinder Marco? I'm not sure reading back over it, but in essence, budget plays a large part of the decision i think, but carbs still have a well deserved place in performance cars/bikes if done correctly.
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

mbakermarco

Post by mbakermarco »

Hi Shrew

A lot of good stuff in there mate - maybe you are right - although ultimately fuel injection is better, performance per dollar is probably better long term going the carb route - which is something I hadn't even considered, having deliberately bought a fuel injected Alfa....

Decisions, decisions - to help me - how much for the carb kit you mention you have there ? PM me ?

Cheers mate.
Mark B

CURRENT

PREVIOUS
Sud 1.5ti
33 16v (racecar)
33 1.6 (racecar)
4 x GTV 2.0 TS
Sprint (racecar)

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Thats assuming i would sell it rather than sell it! :D

Pm on its way regardless mate,

Cheers
SHREW

I AM the Law!