P4 Viscous Coupler

alfettagtam

P4 Viscous Coupler

Post by alfettagtam »

My P4 has had its 4WD system removed from service but all parts except the Viscous Coupler came with the car. If I can get this piece of rockinghorse p** I can get the P4 back to original!

Any one have one sitting doing nothing?

dickyb

Re: P4 Viscous Coupler

Post by dickyb »

alfettagtam

Post by alfettagtam »

Finland? Not sure how to approach that.

Is 500 euros about right?

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I have one or two i think,

should be serviceable as came from running cars if i recall correctly.

The rubber bearing mounts are typically tired on one i think but these are now replaceable via a couple of sources quite economically.

I'll have to dig them out, not seen them for a short while if you're interested?

Cheers

Shrew
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

alfettagtam

Post by alfettagtam »

Yes please! (I tried replying earlier but it must have got lost).

I'm planning on getting the "new improved" brackets and potentially reinforcing the mounting points.

So, what would *you* like for Christmas?

Kerry.

alfettagtam

Post by alfettagtam »

What does the P4 electro magnetic coupler look like?

I may be missing this as well. Here's what I have
IMG_0077.JPG
I'm needing at least one new mount but I was anticipating getting the upgrade offered by Alfa Restorations.

I have a friend putting together a parts shipment later in the year so keen to get everything I need.

Cheers!

alfettagtam

Post by alfettagtam »

So, two and a half years later, I still don't have a viscous coupler. NZ is hard so I've worked on that problem first. I have a friend with a parts contact in the UK so it will just need freight within country,

I have been using the car in the meantime but vehicle testing have decided that removing the 4wd system is sufficient a change that it needs to be "certified" - that will cost me $650 but I can't continue to use it on the road without paying that or making it 4wd again. So I'd rather spend that on getting the 4wd system going!

So, if you have a known good viscous coupler that you'd like some money for and you can ship it within the UK = let me know!

Kerry
Christcurch, NZ
certified covid free!

justsuds

Post by justsuds »

Hi Kerry, ...... I have one ! I'll send you a pm.
Cheers, John.

Oleino

Post by Oleino »

I know a guy here in Finland who has a new old stock viscous coupling for 33 P4. Taking in account that we are talking of quite rare parts, it's probably the very same which was linked here in 2017. I asked him and he could sell it abroad if there is not too much trouble with shipping/duty/whatever stuff. If you are interested I will let him know!

alfettagtam

Post by alfettagtam »

Thanks, but now that I have the UK "export" sorted, I'll stick to that. Plus he was wanting 500 euro which is quite a bit more than 200 pounds!

Oleino

Post by Oleino »

I can only imagine what that part cost from dealership back in the day :) Glad to hear you got the part you needed!

alfettagtam

Post by alfettagtam »

Thanks for the help everyone! I now have a 4wd P4!

Kerry
Christchurch, NZ