Boxer engine steel rods.....please read carefully

Veesix75

Boxer engine steel rods.....please read carefully

Post by Veesix75 »

Hi

I have 4 steel rods from one of my ex race engines. One rod was slightly damaged when a bearing shell failed. The extent of the damage at the time was one bent valve so it wasn’t a major failure.

3 rods are perfect, the one rod that had the failure has just been inspected and I’m told can be machined/ refinished and re-used (by an engine builder). The quote to do this and check/measure and match all 4 again for peace of mind was £140, however be assured the other 3 have no issues, I think the need to do the 4 is to make sure all are refinished the same.

They are std size, for a standard crank and will remain so if the refinishing is done.

A rod set is £800+ to buy new, I have no use for them now, any interest at £250 Ono as they stand (so you would need the get the refinishing done yourself)?

This is the second time I’ve been told it can be refinished by different people so must be correct, and be assured these are not from the Sprint engine that broke its crank.....that engine is destined to become recycled corn beef tins.

Thanks.

rsfruitbat

Re: Boxer engine steel rods.....please read carefully

Post by rsfruitbat »

Pm sent