Alfa 33 P4 For Sale

FatGimp

Alfa 33 P4 For Sale

Post by FatGimp »

IMG_2393.jpg
Hi Guys,

Testing the water on here only initially, I need to sell one of my P4’s, and as much of the hard work and expense has been done with the other P4, I will see what interest this one generates.

I purchased this a year ago from a fellow alfa man, it had a brand new MOT at the time of purchase, and I taxed it for 6 months and absolutely thoroughly enjoyed using it at the time, it drives absolutely spot on.

I purchased it knowing that to be a really nice one that some areas of body work would be needed to be done at some point, so the tax ran out at the end of April and as at the time work for me was very slow, I thought it was a great time to get her into the unit and see what’s what with the area’s that need sorting to make her a really nice and very rare car.

First off were the hideous bonnet vents, these were stuck on, but have still left there mark, the area around the filler will need sorting, it’s nowhere near as bad as I have seen, but will need doing, I have started at the bottom of all the doors getting back to bare metal,where there was rust starting in places at the bottom, it revealed nothing too nasty at all, and whilst up on the jack one of the jacking points will need attention…my fault there!

From looking at her close up she has had some DIY paint in places in the past, but polished and from a few metres away looks great

The P4 has been in the warm and dry at my unit since April, so nothing has got worse, the interior is all-nice and complete and original, mileage is around 80,000, and engine and everything works great, if you rush 2nd gear it does catch sometimes, but nothing that a bit of practise get’s rid of.

If anyone is interested I can send lots of pictures, the underneath appears solid, but please feel free to come and inspect, I have nothing to hide, the P4 is at my unit in Telford Shropshire, and can be viewed pretty much any time.

Comes on the original P4 alloys, although would benefit from a quick refurb, there is a choice of alloys that could come with the car by a way of separate negotiation, a recently refurbed set of 15” TSW alloys in black, and there is a set of Speedlines off a 155 that I had completely refurbished in graphite grey to a really excellent standard,and never been fitted back onto a car they have a set of decent Goodyear part worn rubber as well.

A few pics, and many more can be sent, please just let me know what you require.

Could either be a useable car with a MOT that you do as up as you go along, which was my intentions to be honest, or a more in depth restoration or a great source of parts, which I would rather not happen, it's just time and storage room that is against me with this one!
Attachments
IMG_0308.JPG
IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0307.jpg

PETROLHEAD

Re: Alfa 33 P4 For Sale

Post by PETROLHEAD »

hi matt

sounds like its good in the right places, and a little tlc should make her a grand example yeah?

have you got a guide price in mind or inviting offers?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Hey Up Shrew,

How's things ?

I would listen to any sensible offer to be honest, but certainly would not take less than £1000, what with the little work needed to get her back on the road, the rarity of these now and also the prices are really climbing, not just for complete examples, but parts - engines alone I have seen people asking for £550, then factor in everything else, Recaro, Gear Box, Running Gear etc........at £1000 it's a good investment!

If work gets slower again I will get the bits done and in for a MOT, but at the mo, really busy with work, these dark nights of ours!

Cheers for the heads up with that company earlier, very useful.

Thanks!

Matt

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Well, £1000 is cheap Matt. no mistake.

Richard just sold the 16v QV i had, followed by Kev, which was also a good solid car, but required minor body repairs and a paint job, and that went for £1300 on fleabay.

That was cheap too in my opinion, but selling large outlay items like that on fleabay will clearly have been impacted by being only 6 weeks till Santa!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Well yeah, I forgot about Santa and his sack.......Jeeez! only 6 weeks away, where has this year gone!

Just looked at the one that went for £1300, perhaps this one is a bit of a bargain then!

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

that one that i/shrew had was a great one though. really solid with a huge history file, genuine 65k or so if i remember rightly. all old mot's etc.

needed a coupel of door bottoms tidying and lacquer peel sorting but was an awesome car. wish i'd have had the cash/space to keep it

i think you're right to say that £1k is the bare minimum you'd let it go for, well worth the money
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Still available, still not had a chance to do anything with it.

If anyone requires any more photo's, please just get in touch, as it's kinda in the way now, be nice for her to go to a good home.

Just wish I had more time and a bigger unit :D

its_welshy

Post by its_welshy »

Seems like eBay is probably the best place to sell cars now.

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Yeah, think you are right with the eBay thing, massive exposure, but the odd idiot :(

Pre eBay bump then !?

:D

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

"Odd" idiot?

more like the "odd" decent fella, the other 90% are idiots for sure, sadly! :|

I just had another one, sold the manual winch off my trailer, the very one that i've used right up until taking it off last week, photographed it, advertised it warts n all as usual, sold it and sent it.

I got an email confirming it had been delivered, signed for etc and 10 minutes later he's opened a return request on the grounds that it doesn't work!

If he was less than 300 miles away i'd be paying him a visit to put a bat up his nightdress! :evil:

Only do it as a last resort Matt.

carandclassics, retro rides, piston heads, gumtree etc, theyre all worth trying several times before resorting to FleaBay!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

vecchioalfa

Post by vecchioalfa »

Hi Shrew,
Sorry to hear about this, I make most of my sales on e-bay, it is full of idiots you are right, I find it very difficult at times..... Anyway if you have a personal account on there you don't have to accept the return mate, as I am a business on there I have to accept them if within the 14 day period as I am tied down by the EEC regs. but you should be ok mate.
Cheers Adi

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Gentle Bump!

The P4 is still available if anyone is interested in a bit of light work over the approaching Winter to make a great car ready for the Spring

Loads of pictures are available ;)

Cheers

Matt

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

This should really be snapped up by now. I'm quite surprised it isnt :?

Make a good winter warning project i reckon, someone must want it :?: :?: :?:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

alfahollic

Post by alfahollic »

Hi what price are you thinking of?

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I have just sent you a PM

Cheers

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

And some better pictures, absolutely loads and loads more are available
Attachments
unnamed-2.jpg

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

and more
Attachments
unnamed.jpg

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

more
Attachments
unnamed-5.jpg

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

lots more available
Attachments
unnamed-3.jpg

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

interior, will need a hoover and a wipe over
Attachments
unnamed-4.jpg

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Engine bay
Attachments
unnamed-6.jpg

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Attachments
unnamed-7.jpg

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Side skirts are currently off the car, but are there

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Hi Matt, nice to meet you and the car yesterday.
Fingers crossed for the MOT but I'm sure she'll be OK with the steering wheel :D
Hope to hear from you soon

Kind regards and Happy new year
H

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Hi Harvey,

Thanks, Good to meet you too, it's nice to know that she will be going to a good home!

A steering wheel is being couriered down from the very kind man who can in sunny Notts, so as soon as that arrives she will be in for a MOT :D

Hope you have a great 2016 and be nice to see your sud at some shows this year

Cheers

Matt

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Hi Matt, I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas !
Told everyone except the wife about her.
That steering wheel can't come soon enough !!

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Sit tight chaps, its well on its way by now i'm sure.

I took it to the Nottingham depot myself on New Years Eve so it wouldn't surprise me if it arrives with Matt tomorrow :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Yay!

Good news!

My extra wide bum toy arrived at the sex shop that I now work at :shock:

Can book her in for a MOT now

Cheers Shrew :D

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Sorry mate, i couldn't resist,

Particularly when you told me what a grump your postie and delivery guys are,

I thought i'd cheer them up with a little amusement on the labelling,

At the expense of your reputation of course! :lol:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Hi Matt, just to let you know the exhaust work went well yesterday.
We weren't sure on what the "condition of floor" meant on the pre MOT but assume it was for the nearside jacking point ?
Looks like the whole underside had been re stone chipped a while ago but was peeling off in places due to not sticking to the original treatment, something I can do / redo.

All in all I'm happy with her and hope you can put the monies towards getting your P4 finished - hey we maybe be able to park next to each other at NAD this year :D

She's coming down to Gloucester next week to get the welding done. Then it depends whether I just touch up the bottom of the Doors, T & T her and drive her till the winter when she can get the body work sorted.

I have started a new thread "matts old P4" - hope you don't mind.

Thanks again
H