Barn find.

Sud 145

Barn find.

Post by Sud 145 »

Has anyone else seen the ex Steve Soper turbo race Sud on fleabay. Post a link for me Mods.

KevJTD

Re: Barn find.

Post by KevJTD »

that was sold last saturday at the classic car auctions in kings lynn for £2200.
very nearly went myself but resisted going as my arm may have gone skywards!!

apparently it was turbo'd with methanol fuelling...

searched the 'net beforehand but couldn't find much info on it but in the end i was busy doing other stuff so missed going for a look.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1977-Alfasud- ... 54044c882b
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

It's got 4 days left Kev-posted by lotusracing2010.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

I sold last week at a classic auction for £2200

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/clas ... -2014.aspx

page down to below the double decker bus...

doh!! didnt see the post above.... :oops:

88liam

Post by 88liam »

Hi Gents,

Did not take long to make it on to ebay

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360849377323&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Only up the road in Bury??

Liam

88liam

Post by 88liam »

Hi Gents,

If any body is interested i went over yesterday to take a look at the ex Steve Roper racer.
Not often something interesting turns up on your doorstep.

The following content is just my unbiased opinion.

Its an extremely straight car for one that,s been raced, especially from the bulkhead back,
the front end needs a bit of a tidy, hard to see completely underneath due to being so low,
the holes formed for the side exit exhaust have been professionally formed and nicely rolled back,
compomotive alloys are in good condition,
the whole car looks solid, although there is some surface rust in places,
it as custom made coilovers up front, although they look a bit crude, not sure it would pass an mot with them and the side exit exhaust,
must have been like an oven in that cockpit!
was hard to make any sense of the engine set up, looked as though it was undergoing development then abandoned, there are a couple
of boxes of spare parts, front panel is missing and one of the front trofeo arches is not present, there are some spare fibre glass panels and other parts.
the perspex windows have obviously turned misty over time, front screen in good condition.

Generally a nice looking car, like all suds, as most of us have experienced, you never know what lies beneath :o ,

Back in the day, what would they have used for an lsd? looking at the lap times something would have been required to put the power down?

If any body is bidding and has any questions please don,t hesitate to ask. :?:

Liam

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Nice one Liam mi'ode Mucker!

Not Tempted yourself then? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

88liam

Post by 88liam »

petrolhead wrote:Nice one Liam mi'ode Mucker!

Not Tempted yourself then? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hi Shrew,

Yes and no, i was considering it prior to Auction then got busy with work, a steal at £2200.

Struggling with dry storage space, you don,t really want to be storing a car like that outside.!! and other projects.

Track sud nearly ready for paint, once its out of the garage i was going to re commission SUD16X with a mildly modified 16 v engine
i have on the bench, running carbs with the manifolds we all purchased and use it through the summer.

Would like to build a mint trofeo replica from a s1 or s2 shell, into a track/road car with that +200bhp engine from SUD16X,
with trick suspension and brakes to match, the barn find ticks a lot of boxes but not all, there,s no interior, no glass, no idea what
the gearbox and running gear are like, some panels have been butchered although tastefully. bit of a catch 22.

Liam