33 P4 Project For Sale

PETROLHEAD

33 P4 Project For Sale

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi all.

Whilst this isn't my own car, i offered to help promote the sale of it for the owner Matt, as i'm on here a lot more than he is, plus, as the man who made it steel again, i'm probably bet placed to answer most likely queries too.

Here is the text that Matt sent me, just so you know i'm not blowing smoke up my own arris!

A test of the water to see if anyone is interested in taking on my P4 restoration,

a bit of background on it is, I purchased it 2 years ago, it was advertised to me a little economically to say the very least, after organising transport to bring it back the 130 or so mile I met Shrew up there to go and get it -Instantly it become apparent to us both that all was not as advertised, at all!

Eventually I decided that instead of walking away I took a gamble and instead of the P4 being trailered back home, it was taken to Shrews workshop where he would investigate further without the old owner behind our backs!

And this is where it stayed for around 14 months, in the meantime Shrew worked wonders on basically constructing loads of new metal, as more and more bad metal was found, new sills, rear sill/arch junctions, rear panel, around the fuel filler & a full refurb of the fuel tank was undertaken. The floor has been extensively repaired, and reinforced around the seat mounts, and the backing of the viscous coupling area, a known P4 weakness (or you should know!) all four jackpoints relocated and reinforced etc etc - all to an excellent standard.

Along the way, as many of the faults and failings of the 33 body assembly has been improved or eliminated, so area's where typically dirt and damp would trap, have been smoothed, closed off, reshaped etc.

All areas of repair have been seam sealed, stoneguarded or similarly treated, and the main outer body is now awaiting the final stage of sanding back and painting. This is largely due to lacquer peel and paint fade typical of rosso red Alfa's, not rust!

I spent lots and lots on this, although I realise i will never get this back, after it being returned to me last winter, i have not had the opportunity to take it any further, with two children under 3 and running my own business time is just against me with this, and for the for seeable future, sadly.

I have lots and lots of pictures available of the work that has been undertaken.

The car since I have owned it has always been garaged, so the good work put in has not been ruined by the cold and wet, the car is all there, complete with an excellent recaro interior, but will need finishing mechanically and cosmetically, and a lot of parts recommissioning back, brake lines, fuel lines, etc, engine was running and sounded very healthy.

A complete rosso 130 red paint kit will come with the car, alone that cost £200 for the paint, so there is little in the way of further outlay needed, more time and energy than funds.

If anyone is interested, come and see it, i will be able to send loads of pictures of the work carried out and the cars current condition.

Car is not driveable and will need trailering.

And so thats the advert, and here are just a handful of the pictures i did myself for Matts record of the restoration work.
DSC_1219 (1024x768).jpg
DSC_1081 (1024x768).jpg
DSC_1058 (768x1024).jpg
DSC_1245 (1024x768).jpg
DSC_1252 (1024x768).jpg
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

PETROLHEAD

Re: 33 P4 Project For Sale

Post by PETROLHEAD »

and here's a little idea of how the body itself looks.

as you can see on the outside of things, it wasn't too shabby at all if you can see past the peel and fade.

The bodywork looks pretty much like this today, and the Imola wheels are potentially available too!

DSC_0649 (1024x768).jpg
DSC_0650 (1024x768).jpg

Not a lot of work required to finish this rare P4, and by todays climate, at last our boxer engined beauties are finally being financially rewarding, or at least on the climb up.

These are already tough to find, and will shortly be worth a small fortune too, so now could be a very good time to buy, and get it on the cheaper end of it, but know that the all the donkey work has been done!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

It looks ok body wise doesn't it, I like the black wheels with red.

Need a big unit shrew, really big, to fill up!

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Veesix75 wrote:It looks ok body wise doesn't it, I like the black wheels with red.

Need a big unit shrew, really big, to fill up!

who needs the unit, me or you? lol!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

AlfaCorseChris

Post by AlfaCorseChris »

Just found one locally mate, in Larnaca.

I'm in two minds about getting it, as I need another 33 like I need a hole in the head... but I must admit, for the above mentioned reasons you pointed out - rare, nice to drive etc - I am really tempted...

It's quite cheap really and I would buy it for the engine alone, but hey ! I might just shut my eyes and go for it :p

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

In todays climbing prices, I'd say just go for it mate.

When you consider the parts alone, a 16v engine, p4 gearbox, and drivetrain, could cost easily upwards of a thousand pounds now, if you know of a full car, project or otherwise, its a no brainer.

Similarly, this P4, with an initial price of 1500 ono, its a bit of a bargain.

Especially as Matt has spent over double that on the car, welding, parts and repairs etc to date!

Grab them while you can!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

FatGimp

Post by FatGimp »

Bit of a bump on this.

Due to a impending house move, I have lost storage for this car sadly.

Any interest on here before the dreaded eBay ?

Car is still as per Shrew's ad

Cheers guys

Matt