For Sale. Alfetta GTV6

Nige005

For Sale. Alfetta GTV6

Post by Nige005 »

1982 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 2.5.

I bought the car in Nov 2009. The previous owner bought it earlier in that year after it had been dry stored and off the road since 1992. He spent nearly £2000 on the car to get it up and running again and through it's MOT. It had a full service with BLS, along with all new Brake Pipes, a new Clutch and new Brake Callipers. The car was wax oiled from new.

Soon after I acquired the car a lot of refurbishment work was done ( Thanks Kev ! )which, amongst other things, included a full respray, new Cambelt and Tensioner System, replacement Rocker Covers, Remote Central Locking fitted, re conned the Alternator, new Tyres, Wheels refurbished and fitted with SS Wheel Nuts, Wheel Arch Liners from a 75 fitted, new Sunroof, Passenger Door Mirror fitted, Relays for Headlight switching fitted. Too many other little jobs to list or even remember! Naturally it has been regularly serviced whilst in my ownership and I reckon I’ve spent about £5K on all this.

It now needs a little attention to three areas of the Body Work where there are signs of minor corrosion starting :-
Bottom of Front Nearside Wing.
Bottom of Offside “ A “ Pillar.
Offside Rear Wheel Arch.

Only other things that I know of which need attention is a new Gas Strut for the Rear Hatch as this has failed, about £30 for a non OEM replacement, and an intermittently “ sticky “ Ratchet on the Handbrake. Oh, the clock minute adjustment button doesn't work and the Headlamp Washers are disconnected due to a leaking Pump, I have a replacement Pump if any new owner really wants Headlight Washers. ( Cost a fortune in Washer fluid ! )

The car has covered about 71000 miles and has the original Owners and Alfa Workshop Manuals. The interior is in good condition and has three sets of original keys and two RCL Fobs.

The car drives very well, looks great, is a lot of fun and attracts a lot of nice attention. Full Comp insurance will cost about £150 pa and as it achieves about 27 mpg it won’t break the bank to run this iconic classic. These cars are becoming hard to find so get one while you can. Now for the " teaching Granny to suck eggs bit.......Do remember that this is a 32 year old car and whilst I believe that I have described this car accurately it is up to you to satisfy yourself as to the condition of the car.

MoT expires 16 Sept 2014, Tax expires end Oct 2014.

Looking for £3,500.00 ono, cash on collection only.
Attachments
a1.jpg
a3.jpg
a5.jpg
a4.jpg
a6.jpg
a7.jpg
a8.jpg

PETROLHEAD

Re: For Sale. Alfetta GTV6

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi nige

Tis a sad day that i see you trying to part company with this car, but, somone hopefully will get a bloody good car from it by the end of sale.
Best of luck for noe nige

Shrew
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

Hi Shrew.

Perhaps time for a change but if it does sell I suspect I'd be crying in me beer. Wouldn't be unhappy if it didn't sell..... !

If I had a garage I wouldn't even be testing the water as I am now but I'm getting to feel guilty about it sitting in the elements all Winter.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

storage is always an issue in UK, towns are too crowded and finding storage space is a nightmare.

although, if i did have space to store stuff i'd have loads of projects waiting for me to get time to get around to it, and never would.

wish i had space to keep stuff though with prices seemingly going up.....

good luck with the sale nige, either way!
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

Even if storage was available Kev, which as you know it generally isn't, it would have to be very near by or I, like you, would just be storing and not using, which kinda defeats the object for me.