Ouch…

Veesix75

Ouch…

Post by Veesix75 »

Both lovely but prices……

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1402628

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1403617

The silver resto sprint on eBay is on the above for £8500 :shock:

I’m sure the gtv6 would cost at least that to restore and build at Alex jupe but still a bit eye watering.

KevJTD

Re: Ouch…

Post by KevJTD »

The GTV6 to restore at somewhere like ALex Jupe or Veloce sport near Sleaford would be near a 6 figure sum, over that if doing trim and engine builds...I've seen quotes...
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

junior

Re: Ouch…

Post by junior »

Yep, i looked at a 105 at Ian Ellis's workshops near Brighton.

I asked how much the restoration would cost and was staggered at how much a small car could consume and he was busy as Classic Alfa seem to be more expensive.

I was very out of touch. :lol:

Veesix75

Re: Ouch

Post by Veesix75 »

I can imagine , as I wrote the words above I had double in my head.

Threre must be plenty of either committed or well off , or both, people around as all the decent Alfa restorers are always busy / full.

Keith is probably the expert, his client base must vary from self made, to lottery winner, to house remortgager. Maybe the odd crook for good measure.

Fair play to both restorer and customer, making dreams come true. Both those cars are lovely.

Running a business isn’t cheap, premises, staff, insurance, equipment and the rest.

Ahh well, gtv6 is also now off the wish list, and I’ll just sit in my old v6 75 and make brummm noises while ignoring the fact it has been dormant for 17 years now. Hopefully barn finds will triple and I’ll move it on to one of Jupe’s customers :D ……