eBay again but a 33

Post by Veesix75 »

Andrew Fitton

Re: eBay again but a 33

Post by Andrew Fitton »

Veesix75 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:26 am
Fixed price https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-3 ... 3616376776
I don’t know if Stilauto alloys are a “thing” or not but in the picture they look like revs I’ve tried to make at home.

Having said that I want it but then I want all red 33s - I don’t have time to drive to slough to see and Mrs F has me on a one in one out policy now.
Alfasud sprint 1.7
Mazda MX5 NA

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

Has the current Mrs F heard about her more amenable replacement yet? ;)

Andrew Fitton

Post by Andrew Fitton »

Sud 145 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:07 pm
Has the current Mrs F heard about her more amenable replacement yet? ;)
You weren’t around for the Matra incident. I’ve never let Mrs F forget how much I liked that car. Mrs F has never let me forget the police came round. 15 years ago. I do like a Matra.
Alfasud sprint 1.7
Mazda MX5 NA

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

Shame I missed that it almost sounds like a pending divorce argument - "Either that goes or I do".

Andrew Fitton

Post by Andrew Fitton »

It was more like why have the police called round asking about a silver sports car registered in my name moving between Public car parks and streets, being parked for days and then being moved in the middle of the night.

Matra Murena 2.2 full history - only lhd and the engine isn’t the best but the handling is superb - its a brilliant gt car and they look amazing in the flesh - far better than in a book. It’s the sort of car that would work really well for a classic electric conversion.
Alfasud sprint 1.7
Mazda MX5 NA

junior

Post by junior »

Andrew Fitton wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:17 pm
It was more like why have the police called round asking about a silver sports car registered in my name moving between Public car parks and streets, being parked for days and then being moved in the middle of the night.

Matra Murena 2.2 full history - only lhd and the engine isn’t the best but the handling is superb - its a brilliant gt car and they look amazing in the flesh - far better than in a book. It’s the sort of car that would work really well for a classic electric conversion.
Yes it would. :D Had a 2 litre one for a bit, but was just too tall for it . That one was involved with the police as well when it cut through a wire to the coil on the A3 in Surrey with my mate driving. Dead as the proverbial he thought he was going to get an earful, but they cheerfully towed him out of a dangerous spot and no questions asked.

Andrew Fitton

Post by Andrew Fitton »

Yep there is not a lot of room to work with to see what’s going on. If I recall correctly the coil is with the engine and not up front. I was never wholly convinced a fuel tank in the engine bay was a great idea. If I get one again I’m having both a plumbed in extinguisher and a camera mounted in the bay so I can see exactly what is going on. The 2.2 engine was as you’ll know a stopgap Chrysler 180 unit which in my book goes under the heading engine. There is not much more to say. The 1.6 arguably has the more historic engine but thats hard to get any Omph out of - unlike suds engines are not transferable
Alfasud sprint 1.7
Mazda MX5 NA

junior

Post by junior »

No did not know that about the 2.2 engine. The one I had had a 2 litre Peugeot engine and I do recall taking to a top mechanic for them who reckoned with a few M16 parts he could get 200 brake out of it.

At the time that all felt like lunacy so i did not pursue it, but he was very genuine about the claim and he was able to make my 205 run very well.

Yes your correct on the engine bay, the wire in the engine pay was untidy, came loose and dropped down till the cam belt could erode through it.

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »