Sickly Brera

Fiatchris

Sickly Brera

Post by Fiatchris »

Hi all thought I would ask on here if anyone is interested in taking on my 2.4 Brera, its in need of a fair bit of TLC and I haven't got the time and have too many other cars on the go. It has just passed its MOT (May) and is tidy for a car of its age and 124k, I have just been chasing round charging issues and it is now working, but could do with a new alternator.... not a cheap or easy job. Everything works apart from the remote boot button , that never has, no warning lights, its silver with black leather interior in great condition, engine smoking a fair bit on start up and intermittently when driving, lumpy idle when hot and some times loses bit of power / turbo. Switching off and on again cures this. Had cam belt done 2 years ago and a new rear spring last year, decent tyres as well.
The car doesn't owe me anything and is far to good to scrap. Just need it out of the way, so open to offers.....if this disappears I have part exed it!! :D
PM me for more details

Cheers

Chris

Fiatchris

Re: Sickly Brera

Post by Fiatchris »

[attachment=0]IMG_20190620_200457.jpg[/attachmen
Attachments
IMG_20190620_200457.jpg

mj2k

Post by mj2k »

If nobody's dropped you an offer yet, maybe stick it on Alfaowner in the Brera section?

There's a few people on here with accounts in both sites if you don't have one, so say the word if you need someone else to post a link to here if you're not alfaowner registered.

It'd need a few more details for that though, like a few more pics, your location, etc. It's fairly normal for a diesel to blow smoke like the Vatican on pope election day if there's some sort of injection issue, so the smoking may be something electrical rather than mechanical (or electromechanical if you include a duff injector in possible causes).

Fiatchris

Post by Fiatchris »

Hi thanks, have got someone interested, I will try this if it doesn't work out

Cheers

Chris