Sud for sale!

Fiatchris

Sud for sale!

Post by Fiatchris »

Hi everyone, I am doing this briefly so I don't bottle out .... so wont be the most detailed "advert" think of it as testing the water! I have come to the decision that I need to move my 1983 1.3 four door Sud on. As some of you will know, I have experimented with running a "classic" as a daily driver for 4 years now. This has worked brilliantly, only failures being a suspension arm failing and the exhaust (original one!) blowing. Don't get me wrong, there are odds and ends that crop up and I have fixed as I've gone along.
I do however have two other classics and various motor bikes that I am not spending any time on and practically work and family wise I need to get something more practical for day to day. It is also showing signs of daily use and is becoming more and more untidy. Part of this decision is based on this, should I be using an increasingly rare car as a daily hack?
It did however pass its MOT last week and I'm still using it!!
What it needs is someone who will take care of this car, either run it (you have a year at least!!) and keep on top of it tidying as you go, or someone to take it apart and give a solid car a good sorting and resto.
If you are even the slightest bit interested give me a shout, I am more than happy to talk Alfas all afternoon and any viewings will be directed to the cars issues in an honest assessment. Despite 4 new Pirellis and complete exhaust system, this car is not a breaker and the price will go up if this is suggested!
It sounds a cliché but I genuinely want this to go to a good home as it has survived this long and I have thoroughly enjoyed it!
Car is in Notts if anyone want a look at it, I will do a proper ebay ad next week but thought I'd start here first.

Cheers

Chris

KevJTD

Re: Sud for sale!

Post by KevJTD »

you've always impressed me to use it daily Chris, well done to you for that.
hope you get the right buyer 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I do hope this finds the right appreciative owner,

Someone who can perhaps continue to use up the sterling service the sud has offered up so far.

Fingers crossed mate, best of luck with the sale :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

Really Chris - this was one Sud that I thought would stay with its owner to the bitter end.

Fiatchris

Post by Fiatchris »

May still do mate! Problem is don't want to turn into my dad! Ever seen one of those channel 4 docs?!?! :D

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

No but I've seen you dance Chris,

I think it may be too late! :lol:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Don't put it on shitebay....

Advertise it here http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/ if no one on here takes it

Fiatchris

Post by Fiatchris »

Sold to forum member, glad it went to a great home and a very easy pleasant experience, thanks for advice/ counselling Shrew! Been shopping today...........

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

result, really good result.
makes me glad we started the forum when it's provided great service like that 8-)

anyone owning up to it yet?
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

Yes!