Who's brave enough?

garygecko

Who's brave enough?

Post by garygecko »

Most of you will know this twin engined thing!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222433419868? ... rmvSB=true

Kegsti66

Re: Who's brave enough?

Post by Kegsti66 »

What a sad demise. :(

junior

Post by junior »

I wonder if it was just too temperamental.

Sad to see though as you say.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Is it for sale by the original builder/racer?

I recall it being for sale some years ago, and a bunch of lads (on you tube) debating whether to club together for it but idea if this is those fellas, someone else or the original owner.

I would struggle to believe that the original owner/builde would let it slide so far from its former glory :| :| :|
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Car is located in Ireland now, so must have been sold on. Mick Colville was the original builder. He also acquired a Lancia Beta Coupe project with a mid-mounted engine, which he finished to a very high standard in the same, highly convincing Alitalia colour scheme. The Alfasud was always a track car, but the Beta was fully roadworthy. Mick drove it to Italy with the Lancia Owners Club.

I am pretty sure the Beta has also been sold on, as I have seen it at several local events down here in the last few years (Mick was based "oop North" somewhere). Last time I saw it was at Auto Italia Brooklands and it had been fitted with an Alfa V6 in place of the Lancia twin cam.

Lauren

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

I think this was around 2007 :?
Attachments
Summer Alfa Day 2007 009.jpg
Summer Alfa Day 2007 010.jpg

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

That's how I remember it, straight out of the paint shop - I first saw it at that really wet NAD where everyone got stuck and the Mattas were towing all the time. And it was at Stanford Hall when Top Gear did their cheap Alfa challenge. I think Mick fired up the Sud for the cameras but sadly that footage ended up on the cutting room floor :(

Lauren

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Well chuff me! I never realised it was originally built by Mick. Stockport i think Lauren, or at least it was when i first and last met him on some wheel deals we did.

Makes perfect sense considering his Delta, Beta, and 037 (i do love them!) car builds but i never put 2 and 2 together.
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

Mick is at Rally Legends in Blackburn Lancs.......not Stockport!
Have a look at his website

Dave

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

correction;-
Rally Legend Recreations

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Yes, I thought he was something to do with this outfit. Looking at the quality of the work and attention to detail (particularly the 037 - God I love those cars) Mick has clearly moved up a gear. The Alitalia Alfasud and Lancia Beta where just a retro pastiche in comparison, but I did like that Beta...

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I went up to Micks to pick up the wheels id bought, and was mightily impressed lauren.

His spaceframe construction, and 037/s4 moulds etc were great, and he's a nice chap too.

He had a donor delta i should have bought, and a ritmo strada was rather tempting too! :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!