ARNA on eBay

garygecko

ARNA on eBay

Post by garygecko »

Alfa_Japan

Re: ARNA on eBay

Post by Alfa_Japan »

Somebody save this car!!! There are so little left. The remaining ones your every now and then find in Italy are all the 4/5 door ones. What seems odd to me on this "TI" is that it doesn't have the TI rear spoiler?? Was that a specific UK configuration? Excellent project for some of the handy people on this board. That way a piece of unique history will be saved.
Registro Alfasud Giardinetta internazionale (R.A.G.i.)
http://www.alfasud-giardinetta.net/

Post by 920 »

I suspect it used to have the spoiler but the mounting brackets rusted off of the tailgate. It looks to me that the area where the brackets would be has been filled. On the Arna the brackets are welded on either side of the rear window and they are all that holds the spoiler on. The two 'legs' that sit on the tailgate below the window are supports and are not attached with anything other than double sided tape.
Nissan also offered this style of spoiler on the Japanese built Pulsar/Cherry but the legs have mounting studs that actually attach to the tailgate, however they also have "Nissan N12" embossed on the right hand side on the top.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

This used to my car, I really would have liked to restore it but I had garage and house issues to deal with at the time so let it go to a friend who is now selling it.

The floor and sills are very good, perhaps it's strongest good point. It's also complete. However, most of the panels are bent or rusty and I'd say the best plan would be to buy a donor Cherry.

920 - yes I was disappointed it didn't have a spoiler but the surprise was the TOW BAR!!!

This needs saving, seems good value for something so rare?

Post by 920 »

alfasuddriver wrote:This used to my car, I really would have liked to restore it but I had garage and house issues to deal with at the time so let it go to a friend who is now selling it.

The floor and sills are very good, perhaps it's strongest good point. It's also complete. However, most of the panels are bent or rusty and I'd say the best plan would be to buy a donor Cherry.

920 - yes I was disappointed it didn't have a spoiler but the surprise was the TOW BAR!!!

This needs saving, seems good value for something so rare?
I might be able to help with a replacement spoiler for it.

I don't suppose you still have that Europe badge do you?

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

Yes, still have that 920

Post by 920 »

alfasuddriver wrote:Yes, still have that 920
Would you sell it to me? I've been trying to find one of those for my Europe GTi !