Series 2 Ti project

jobeed

Series 2 Ti project

Post by jobeed »

Well, What can I say!

Having spent the last year sourcing parts and paying for storage my better half has decided that when we move house it is not going to be a nice place with a good sized garage, but a town centre flat! I resisted this as long as a I could, but we saw one the other day which even I reluctantly had to admit was perfect!

Its not a done deal as yet, but its looking likely - so faced with this and not being able to keep the car at home I may have what I consider a really good project for someone to take on if they are interested.

I am going to need something that can live on the road outside for the foreseeable future so unless we find a different house in the next week or so my project is available if anyone is interested.

Id rather it go to a good home, but I would like something for it - though how much? I don't know what is sensible. An ideal scenario would be a swap which would probably necessitate me paying a bit of money over too for a interesting classic that was presentable, but not too good to live outside. If this was the case it would need an MOT and be driveable from the beginning.

If anyone is interested in purchasing or swapping please get in touch.

A little bit about the project - I will have to clarify the accuracy of this information to be absolutely certain, but from memory it is all correct.

S2 rolling body shell which needs work - It has been a race car and is the turquoise car that some members on here are familiar with, it needs quite a lot of welding for sure but is certainly not in my opinion a basket case. The REG NUMBER IS NOT KNOWN there is no log book, but I have discussed with the Alfa Register and they have confirmed could be re-registered with an age related plate once it has an MOT. The Alfa Romeo document centre confirmed it was either a 78 or a 79 I cant remember but can dig out the email.

All the glass is in the car and is in good condition with no chips or dents etc. The Windscreen is Royal Doulton which amuses me for some reason!

The shell is rolling and has steering rack, with Koni adjustable dampers at either the front or the rear I cant recall. There is a dash in the car which is in reasonable condition from memory, but it has had some switches and warning lights added for racing which will of course have caused damage. It is on wheels, but a mix that are only really suitable for its present state.

There is no interior.

I have two engines starting with the best!

- 1.3 block bored and with new pistons taking it to 1371cc I believe. It has a polished crank and has not been used since leaving the engineering company, it is in fantastic condition. there is set of fabulously rebuilt heads that have been mildly ported and fitted with fast road cams (reprofile by Kent cams or someone like that - I have the receipt so can check) new buckets and seals etc. - really great condition fitted to a car, but only used for a very short time. To sit on those is a really nice pair of 40 Dellorto's that are in great condition, but would need servicing jetting etc. I have an Alquati manifold for the carbs.

I believe I have an entire cooling circuit brand new radiator, hoses, thermostats, sensors, pump etc.

2nd engine is a 1.7 i.e 8v which will need a re-build turned over by hand, dismantled and some scoring to the cylinders, but not bad. (you would not be able to register if you fitted this engine to the car)

Gearbox which cannot be confirmed but is believed to be from a 1.2ti not opened, but advised was in good working condition to the best of the sellers knowledge.

Good condition, but not perfect S2 chrome bumpers front and back

Bolt in Roll Cage

Some Chrome trim pieces, but I believe these are for a four door if so - no use!

Brand New old stock headlights (lamps), with the metal backing plates that will need refurbing and one New old Stock plastic surround can't think what side it is for.

Beautiful Momo leather steering wheel with a longer boss which fits perfectly and has a perfect rubber shroud to bring the wheel a bit closer than usual

New old Stock Front Valance

There will be other bits I have forgotten, but If anyone is interested I will check everything completely and get good photos.

Located in Harrogate North Yorkshire

I don't really want to split this up, Id rather continue to pay the 75 quid a month to rent the garage, but I's a bit heartbreaking just been sat in a lock up with no space to start the work, and If I competed it would be to a high standard so I couldn't leave it on the road through winter.

I can go and get photos if there is any genuine interest.

If anyone is interested please let me know, but I warn you - If my missus finds a nice house with double garage that she is willing to live in I will change my mind!

Jon

jobeed

Re: Series 2 Ti project

Post by jobeed »

Sorry to all those interested, I think I have emailed everyone individually, but due to the flat we wanted no longer being on the market I am going to hold on to this in the hope we get a place with a garage. :D

If the situation changes will let you know.

Jon