Alfa Romeo Sprint - "6C"

Alfasixnut

Alfa Romeo Sprint - "6C"

Post by Alfasixnut »

Reluctantly offered for Sale - my version of the iconic, mythical Sprint 6C.
This was built from a rusty 1500cc 1984 Sprint and has a full build thread on the Alfa Owner website, There is a briefer build thread on Classic Alfa Forum and on the Alfa Bulletin Board Forum.
It has the 3 litre, quad cam, 24 valve, fuel injected Busso engine with 220BHP and 5 speed gearbox from a 164 mounted in the back of the Sprint using the standard 164 subframe bolted to the Alfa 164 inner wings. There are twin stainless steel silencers from the standard 164 exhaust manifolds.
The steering is locked and the gearchange run forward using an adapted 164 set of rods.
The 164 rear callipers and handbrake are fitted to the 164 discs and hubs now at the rear.
The front has had the engine and gearbox removed, The front Sprint hubs,discs and steering are all standard. There is a newly re-cored 164 radiator with its electric fan. A 25 litre "Dragster"style foam filled fuel cell is fitted.
The front wings are fibreglass standard Sprint. The bonnet and doors are standard Sprint, the rear wings are steel and "Splayed" to suit the wider track and larger rear wheels. The rear hatch is a standard Sprint frame with steel louvres. There is a steel/glass "Thermo-acoustic" barrier behind the seats.
The interior is standard Sprint with a centre console and 916 Alfa Spider seats. There is a classic Blaupunkt keycard AM/FM radio/cassette unit fitted with four speakers.
This was built over three years 2008 - 2011 and has been dry stored since then. MoTd each year since then and used to go to various Alfa shows, Chatsworth, Duxford etc. It has been featured in the AROC magazine and Retro Cars magazine.
The 6C certainly is a "fun" drive - the engine pulls like a train in all five gears but really starts to "sing" above 3000 rpm. It is quite loud and raspy. The steering is light with no power assistance and, being mid engined, it changes direction like a big Go-kart! The braking is really good with the better weight distribution. I have not driven it on a track or on the Strip so do not know what its performance is against a stop watch, but it is much lighter than a 164 and the engine doesn't drive the power steering or air con pumps and has a less restrictive exhaust.....
Serious offers over £7500 considered. Tel 01858 434616 or PM

Alfasixnut

Re: Alfa Romeo Sprint - "6C"

Post by Alfasixnut »

Here are three pictures of the 6C taken by AB Carpix
011.jpg
012.jpg
044.jpg

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

I would like to sell the 6C on here...... so the price is dropped to £6K ono........

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I never thought i'd see the day Phil :(

Best of luck though mate, as a unique car its market will be niche, but hopefully that means serious parties only too :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

petrolhead wrote:I never thought i'd see the day Phil :(

Best of luck though mate, as a unique car its market will be niche, but hopefully that means serious parties only too :P
Thanks Shrew
I will be sad to see it go - but I really enjoy the challenge of designing and building unusual cars -- and the V12 BGT has rather taken the 6C's place. I do have some interest now so it is wait and watch this space.

its_welshy

Post by its_welshy »

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure someone would snap it up!

I wish I had more storage!

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

its_welshy wrote:Good luck with the sale, I'm sure someone would snap it up!

I wish I had more storage!
Thanks Welshy
- it is only a Sprint and they are very small........ :D

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Update
Although there is some interest, the 6C is still for sale .......and the price includes quite a few spares - wheels,tyres,glass, trim etc.

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Now also for sale on Autotrader.......... :(

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Despite interest the 6C has not sold so is now on E-Bay...item no.172268484772 :(

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Relisted (E Bay no 172276276405) with new pictures and a lower price.... :(

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Still no sale - the price is now £3250 - including loads of Sprint spares - All glass, wheels and tyres, trim, switches etc etc.

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Sprint 6C now sold to a London based "Alfisti". Cash paid and car taken away full of spare parts. So ends my second bout of Alfa ownership. It has been a demented few days moving out of my "Big workshop" and getting all my stuff back to our house.
Some farewell pics to follow when I recover!

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

glad it's finally been resolved mate, know it must have been a hard decision to sell....but think of the opportunities it now brings :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

KevJTD wrote:glad it's finally been resolved mate, know it must have been a hard decision to sell....but think of the opportunities it now brings :D
Thanks Kev - I must confess that once I decided to sell, I was quite happy to see it go to a new home (eventually!).
Now to finish the BGT V12....

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Well it is up on the "Bay" again.
I must say that I feel aggrieved that he says the car was “not as described” in the advert that I posted. He did not complain to e bay or make any contact with me since the time of purchase 10 months ago………There were about 8, up to date, photographs of the car and the advert did say cosmetic restoration would be needed, and I drove the car onto the pick up vehicle that collected it! Still perhaps the new owner will appreciate the car more.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

That's just the excuse for when someone asks why it's being sold on after a shorter period of time.....

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Thanks Veesix - and it is up for sale again on the 'bay - due to a "Timewaster"......