A test of the water, 33 16v S3, maybe?

PETROLHEAD

A test of the water, 33 16v S3, maybe?

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi all

I'm not sure at all about posting this, but, a good think about my current Alfa stock and uses, MAY mean that i will sell my series 3 16v 33 Cloverleaf :o

I always wanted to keep the 33 as a modified but practical 5 door for the family, but the recent purchase of the 164 qv has made me consider a rethink.

Now is the time for me to test the water before going ahead with the modifications, all planned and paid for, not fitted or overly committed though.

If anyone is interested, please let me know via this thread, and i will engage plans to possibly finish the car according to a committed and serious buyers taste.

Essentially, it is a 1990 H, with just 42k on then clock, evidenced by a whole file of history and mot's and reciepts etc.

She is absolutely solid as a rock, everywhere.

Kev did some very very minor patch repairs to two sill ends and a jack point as i recall, whist i fettled some new metal into the fuel filler area. Nothing else is or will be required, she is very very solid and rust free.

Original colour is same as Deggy's 33, the only other one in the uk that we know of, i forget the code, but is classed as a silver but is actually slightly champagne shaded.

My plan was to modify it with sports suspension, a veloce spolier, big brakes, aftermarket wheels etc, and repaint it glacier white with black wheels and accents etc but this plan is only at the part primer and prep stage, so it could be kept original, or painted any colour the next owner desired.

Engine and gearbox (replacement box as original was already suffering a weak 2nd gear synchro at just 42k!) are out the car and were to be painted and dressed, and the engine bay painted accordingly before being reunited with the car.

I have the Recaro Alcantara interior, reworked front seat upholstery, and mint.

This could, no, will be a fantastic 33 again with a final push to paint and finish it, and so i will entertain all manner of discussions regarding finishing it myself, whether stock, or modified, or a new owner completing it as they would prefer, with the parts, stock or otherwise.

The floor is open :| :| :|
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

STEVE5M

Re: A test of the water, 33 16v S3, maybe?

Post by STEVE5M »

Wish I had the money :(

Someone is in for a treat.

Good luck, Shrew!
Had: 1974 Alfasud 5M, 1989 Alfasud Sprint 1.5QV,
Got: 1986 Alfetta GTV6
Want: Alfasud 5M, S1 Alfasud1.2 or 1.3Ti

PETROLHEAD

Re: A test of the water, 33 16v S3, maybe?

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Thank you Steve

I've not even thought about money too much yet, I'll no doubt cry whatever the final verdict, but with prices finally on the up it seems, now is probably a good time to buy before i get greedy! ha ha!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon