CTCRC Brands Hatch 26/27th

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
Veesix75

CTCRC Brands Hatch 26/27th

Post by Veesix75 »

Early thread - the CTCRC and barc are offering cash back if the grids are of a given size.

It's like a trip to France for me, but I'm hoping to be there.

Oxfordshire driver

Re: CTCRC Brands Hatch 26/27th

Post by Oxfordshire driver »

Surely France is further :)

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Great Tim. See you at Brands Hatch. There will be three Suds racing and maybe four!
Your Sprint, 1.5SC, Trofeo & maybe the red Sprint.
Is Ian going?

All the best,
Simon

Roch 1490

Post by Roch 1490 »

Hi guys good to see you're all coming to Brands :D Chassis leg is repaired plus a few more bits that needed some tlc,just need to strip gearbox & sort out 4th gear then pop engine & box back in, so yes I will be there.I hope we will be out with the pre-66 I like racing those Cortinas. :)
Come on Tim.... France!! :lol: I would have to say its quicker for me to go to Croix en Tournois than Cadwell :o Hopefully we will get a good enrty & no rain (hide Malcolm's Indian suit!!)
Cheers Ian

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Great news Ian. Really pleased you will be there.
I like the pre 66 too. Fingers crossed.

All the best,
Simon

Roch 1490

Post by Roch 1490 »

Hi guys hope you're all well & looking forward to Brands I see we are out with Pre-05 :roll: (can't remember what's in that Class)Qualy & race times quite good though are we all ready?? I'm not still got gearbox in bits :lol:
Cheers Ian

Oxfordshire driver

Hi Ian
should be good, although I like being out with the pre 66's I guess us and them make for a large grid.
Only a few in the pre 05's I think. An Alfa 145 and a couple of Puma's are the ones I can recall.
See you there!

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

I assume you chaps are all entered and ready to go?

Oxfordshire driver

Hi Tim
I hope you are joining us.
My tickets came through last Friday, I will be in the SC.

Malcolm

Roch 1490

Post by Roch 1490 »

Engine & box back in, had him running tonight just a few bits to bolt back on & we're ready! I assume just the three regular AROC members out this weekend as Tim (HSCC Judas!) : :( :lol: won't be joining us.On that subject why don't BARC publish the entries so people can see who's in their Class?Do we know how the discount for certain entries went?
Did you know there's a big AROC BBQ in the Paddock Sat evening no expense spared a disposable bbq & a pack of four burgers............ :roll: I have to say its pretty poor.no real publicity an article on the people who set up / run CTCRC but WHAT ABOUT SIMONS TROFEO! The first time a real Trofeo has raced in this country & there's nothing........yes I know stop moaning Sud whinger!
Night Guys....oh there isn't really a bbq sat evening :o

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Just submitted my entry......I think I might be entry number 15 hence I just saved you all £25!

Still a bit risky, tow car is having rear springs fitted Friday :shock: And I'm driving down Saturday morning... :shock: :shock:

Save me a spot in the paddock, assuming I'm still in the gang, I will be leaving at 5am, hopefully there for 9 am.

No where to stay yet Saturday, might have to resort to a sleeping bag under the trailer!

(Hopefully) See you Saturday.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Correction......I didn't submit until today, I think I was the 20th entry, I'll settle for just a 10% cut of what I saved you all. :D

Roch 1490

Post by Roch 1490 »

Hi Tim, good to see you've entered & also that you were the 20th entry :) Four Suds that's fab,lets hope we all have a good weekend.I,m coming down early Saturday morning,do we want all Suds together? Simon,Malcolm are you down night before? Just going to suggest whoever arrives first try & get enough space for four.I'm also bringing two gazebos which everyone is welcome to share,if fact Tim you could sleep in them Saturday night :D
Cheers Ian.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

It would be nice to park together, plus I will be right on the limit arriving so not having to hunt for a space would help.

I'm hoping to be there for 9am, so leaving at 5:30am :(

The gazebo is the best offer I've had so far Ian, I will pack a sleeping bag!

Oxfordshire driver

Well done Tim, top effort!
Looks like we are all heading down on Saturday morning, we'll look for a quattro Sud type space then.

Glad the engine and box are back in Ian, with a 20+ grid on the Indy circuit I reckon we are going to be needing eyes in the backs of our heads!

With four of us on track we should try and organize some sort of 4 Sud formation lap on the way back to the pits after chequered flag. Could make for a good aroc cover :P
2x Suds, 2x Sprints.
Just thinking out loud...

See you Saturday.
** With the 75 quid you have saved Tim you might want to consider Clackett Lane hotel?

Roch 1490

Post by Roch 1490 »

Hi Malcolm,yes always tricky to get a clear lap on the indy circuit,but I have been out with 30+ cars with ARCA & that is tricky!!
Looking forward to the weekend really is great to have 4 Suds,we could try & go for a formation at the end of qualy but you know it will never make the front cover :roll: As far as I know no one from AROC is coming :o would be nice to be proved wrong,actually couldn't give a monkeys!!
See you all Saturday am with a slot for 4.
Cheers Ian.

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Hi Guys,
Great news that Ian and Tim will be at Brands Hatch. I am looking forward to it. The Trofeo is out of action as the front shockers are dumping oil. Unfortunately, Chris cannot race but this allows me to use the Red Sprint. Malcolm has been busy and has the chassis setup for each of the three cars and as suspected the Red Sprint setup is the best. He also took the Sprint to the tuners and got another 6bhp squeezed out of it.
Here is the dyno plot:
image.jpg

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Graph and Sprint look healthy Simon, but the transmission losses appear high to me :?:

In my experience of Dyno time, a motorcycle typically loses around 8-12%, maybe 15% for shaft drive, and a 2wd road car around 20%.

am i missing something? :|

here's an example of a even a 4wd drive car only losing around 24% in transmission loss
PMok_dyno_run-MAHA.jpg
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Regarding paddock space, perhaps the section at the bottom where we parked last time might have enough space?

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

The rollers I use drops 38bhp from wheels to flywheel. Suspect it's based on how the rollers are calibrated?

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Hi Tim,
Head for overflow. Malcolm and I will be there about 8am.
image.jpg

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Hi Shrew,

Just checked the dyno plots for the 1.5SC.

3 June 9:42 - drag power 39.2hp
3 June 11:49 - drag power 37.4hp
22 July 11:13 - drag power 37.4hp

Brgds
Simon

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Yep, i can't deny its consistent, (same rollers and operator i assume?)

but its still notably higher than i'd expect and am used to, and wondered if there was anything particular about these cars or there set up that made it so?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Hi Shrew,

I found this:

the operator will then hit full throttle and let the car accelerate the rollers as fast as it can until it reaches the redline, and then release the accelerator pedal, and hit the clutch.
The strange noise you'll hear now is a mix between valve train noise and gears and it can be quite a loud, unnerving experience. The vehicle will be left to decelerate by itself, still in the chosen gear, until it reaches the start speed again. The purpose of the Run Down is to measure the drag from the drivetrain. It isn't perfect, but it's the best way to estimate the frictional losses that the car has to force through, and this Drivetrain loss will be added onto the Wheel power measurement to give an estimate of the power that the engine is producing.

I see your point.

Brgds,
Simon

BS25

Post by BS25 »

Wishing you all good luck at Brands - have fun!

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Thanks Bryan. Tim and Ian did really well on day one in the dry.
Malcolm and I had a better day today in the wet.
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender2.jpg

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Spot on !!
What a great looking paddock. :D

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

There's a definite 'colour scheme' thing going on in those pics.....

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

The Red team.......
image.jpg
The White team.....
image.jpg

Roch 1490

Post by Roch 1490 »

Hi guys a great weekends racing for the Suds,well done to Tim for fending me off on last lap (bloody safety car! :)) & well done Malcolm another good wet race,Simon,I really enjoyed our battle with Scirocco & Saxo I hope my door closing wasn,t too rude!! :shock: I wasn,t looking forward to racing against Pre-2005 cars but comparing the Sud against them through Surtees,Clearways & on the brakes at Druids the Sud was FAB!
I can,t do Pembrey which is a shame because its a great circuit! oh! Malcolm you,d like it rains all the time! :lol: Snetterton & Thruxton for me,speak to you soon.
Cheers
Ian