ARCA 2015 Season Dates

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
BS25

ARCA 2015 Season Dates

Post by BS25 »

Following on from the interest in having a CAF meeting at a race meeting, here for consideration are the Alfa Championship dates and venues for this season:-

4/5 April - Silverstone International - DH
2/3 May - Rockingham - DH
25 May - Oulton Park
27/28 June - Snetterton - DH
18/19 July - Cadwell Park - DH
22/23 August - Brands Hatch
12/13 September - Croft - DH
17/18 October - Donington Park - DH

DH = Double Header

I'm currently planning to do all bar Snetterton and Brands due to clashes with other commitments. In terms of open space close to the paddock (for a gathering) then Oulton, Cadwell and Croft are the best venues - at Rockingham there is loads of space but it is just so soulless (though we are on with British GT's this year!). I'm sure ARCA would really accommodate a gathering of interesting Alfas :)

All info here:- http://www.alfaracer.com - the 2015 Drivers section is growing as people register for the season - take a look at 2014 Drivers to see what people race.

If there are any questions please give me a shout

justsuds

Re: ARCA 2015 Season Dates

Post by justsuds »

Thanks Bryan, sounds good, and hopefully will be an interesting season, - can I be first to suggest Oulton Park as venue for a gathering, fantastic place, hopefully a bit of decent weather, not too early in the year so people have time to fettle cars, and won't interfere with family summer hols, and personally, quite convenient for me ! - but I will go with the consensus !
Cheers, John.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

oulton is a good shout john, be nice to do something across that side of the country instead of cadwell too.
plus oulton is a great track to spectate at, loads of room, and isn't half as bad to get to from this side of the country as it used to be.
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

BS25

Post by BS25 »

John/Kev - Oulton would be ideal - it's also a one day meet (possibly Bank Holiday weekend?). Plenty of nice roads around too - do a convoy run the Peak District on the way there for those coming from the East!

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

That's a top notch calendar and venue list Bryan.

Just don't fancy getting bullied by the gaggle of twin sparks ! :D

BS25

Post by BS25 »

It is a good selection Tim, especially looking forward to getting back up to Croft. I got my first overall win in the 33 there back in 1998 (first year we ran it) - it rained in the collecting area and we dashed out for a quick (slow) tyre change but only had time to get wets on the front! Oversteer was available......... :lol: