Brands Hatch 27th and 28th September.

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
Ted27sud

Brands Hatch 27th and 28th September.

Post by Ted27sud »

Thought people might be interested in having a look at this 1983 Ralt RT3 Alfa Romeo Formula 3 car which was at Brands Hatch over the weekend. At the time the main engines used in the class were Alfa, Toyota and VW, The conversion from road car engine to racer was done by the Pedrazzani brothers who operated under the NovaMotor banner in Novara Italy.
This car was originally used by Didier Theys in the European F3 Championship where he finished 6th in the championship won by Pier Luigi Martini who won in another Ralt Alfa.
20140928_082816_resized.jpg
20140928_082734_resized.jpg
I was there racing my Formula Ford Crossle 32F (on the right in the photo) with my team mate Mike Gardner in his Crossle 30F pictured here:
20140928_105943_resized.jpg
Great weekend for the team with Mike winning both races and me bagging a 7th on Saturday, having lost my nose cone, and 4th on Sunday.

The Alfa Owners' Club had a race there as well which I debated about entering my Sud. I believe that it was won by the new owner of the the White, ex Roger Motherwell, Sud Sprint. Am I right in thinking the owner comes on here occasionally? If so, very well done!

It also had an ex works 75 Turbo touring Car which was absolutely stunning. unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of it.....maybe someone else has? I hope so.

KevJTD

Re: Brands Hatch 27th and 28th September.

Post by KevJTD »

some nice pics and good report there ted. well done on the results ;)

i remember the F3 cars used to go to cadwell too around that era, proper round of the british F3 champs. paul stewart used to race too, his dad jackie wandering around with his tartan flatcap was a sight for us lincs folk not used to townies :D that was a year or two later than that though, towards the end of the 80's i'd guess?

used to get soem decent meets at cadwell actually.

a round of the european rallycross champs too if i remember correctly. a big event that one, folks from the continant anyway even if it wasn't a euro round. just after GpB was banned in rallying (end of '86) the rallycross market got flooded with exotica. used to be a fella with a delta S4....if only i could remember his name :roll:
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

BS25

Post by BS25 »

Matti Alamaki used to compete in a Delta S4, very spectacular!

Good results at the weekend Ted :)

Also, well done to Tim for his narrow win at Brands in the Sprint. The guy who came second in the Bertone, Will Dick, used to race in the AROC series back in the 80's in a Trofeo bodied Sud - he used to have big battles with another Sud driven by Phil Rowley. I've got pictures of that era somewhere, I'll have to dig them out sometime!

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Thanks Bryan .....a small and succinct grid so it goes down as both my first, and probably last pole and win.

Unfortunately I think we may have broken the engine, not had time to check it over yet :roll: