Alfashop Championship Anglesey 9/10th August 2014

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
PETROLHEAD

Alfashop Championship Anglesey 9/10th August 2014

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Sadly, as there was barely enough phone signal to text air sea rescue, i was unable to do any kind of commentary or pictorial on the weekends racing and events, but, i'll recap it all for you here and now.

As the current choice of transport for the BLS race car and team, my humble Movano and trailer had some lugging to do for this one. To avoid taking more than necessary vehicles all that way, i had the race car behind us, and the usual fuel, tools, tyres, etc etc in the van aswell.

Also, as it was my youngest's 7th birthday, we were making a bit of an adventure weekend of it, so along with Tom in the front with me, i also had my better half, now known as Shellwin following her finding her Welshness for a weekend, Alannah, one of my stroppy teenagers ;) , and of course birthday boy himself, mini me, Jixxer, and all the usual accompanying camping equipment, food, clothing, mountain bikes, kitchen sink etc etc The van was chokka and working hard!

Now, Anglesey is an odd kind of place, right on the edge of Snowdonia, so mountain range one side of you, Irish Sea the other, and being an island about 25 miles across, i suspected we'd be in for all sorts of odd weather. The forecast was actually pretty accurate, predicting sunshine on the saturday, and less so on the sunday, detriorating to rain at some point, which threatened to stay with us once it arrived.

Upon arrival Friday evening, following a healthy and slow journey of about 250 miles, we got the car off, set up the tents and briefly pondered the qualifying to come saturday morning.

Mountain bikes ready, my little crew did a lap of the track to suss it out a little, and do a little bit of exploring of paths that may lead down the cove riddled beach right on the edge of the track, hopefully sussing out a bit of adventure on the way.

Tom and Bryan did the same on foot, and probably with a bit more seriousness than us, and few less bumps and bruises! :roll:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon