BTCC next year

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
Veesix75

BTCC next year

Post by Veesix75 »

Kegsti66

Re: BTCC next year

Post by Kegsti66 »

Excellent news. Car looks great.
Do you think they will do any good? Really hope they get some success.
They need a good supply of panels as well :lol:
Fingers crossed.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Not sure really, rob Austin seems inconsistent, sometimes top ten and others bottom 10 or dnf.

The toca engine helps level it a bit I suppose. The current grid is so large, great for watching, that if you don't qualify top 10 it's a battle to progress.

Car looks great though.

I can't really figure out how much of btcc is orchestrated re rules, favouritism, penalties etc. Or it is just rough and tumble and a bit of driver moaning. Some of the younger drivers are very capable but seem grounded, whereas the likes of Matt Neal are just pathetic, 10 year olds in adult bodies with his head stuck right up his own sphincter. :shock: I cheered when the young chap in the red/white Suburu launched Neal into the gravel at knockhill.

I do like to watch it though, and look forward to seeing the giulietta race.

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

I know what you mean Tim.
I know the older drivers have great experience, but like you say they do throw their teddies out of the pram when things don't go their way.
Qualifying has shown that 30 / 32 drivers and cars are only divided by 1 and a half seconds so the younger ones are capable. Rob Collard and Plato are also a bit like that as well.
Hope Alfa do get some results......... look at Subaru ;)

Oxfordshire driver

Post by Oxfordshire driver »

Very good news!
Used to enjoy watching Gabriele Tarquini back in the late 90's.

Rob Austin was the speaker and prize giver at the CTCRC evening last November. He gave me my pre '83 Class D winning trophy :D

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Me too Malcolm, my wife regretted buying me the full season video (yes, Vhs !) the year Tarquini won. The grids were packed and the racing excellent. I watched it more times than I can remember.

I watched the Rockingham highlights this week and it was sad to see / hear Matt Jackson referring to a younger driver as 'the kid....' after Matt ran him off the track and the other driver then lunged back at him, not a great lunge but nor did Matt Jackson pass cleanly either.

Matt Neal took himself out also..... :D

I hope Ash Sutton takes the title.

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

I am going to ask Stuart if he can arrange for Shania Twain to hand me the Class D Trophy this year Malcolm :D

Brgds,
Simon