Getting my Sprint worthy for Hillclimb Championship

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
AlfaCorseChris

Getting my Sprint worthy for Hillclimb Championship

Post by AlfaCorseChris »

Hasnt been long since my last post .... or has it.... :/

most of you probably already know about my RWD/ 4WD Sprint Conversion with the P4 drivetrain and the 16v engine.

I'm now in the process of caging the shell so I can get it certified and aproved for hillclimb races, as I want to join the championship later this year or start fresh next year.

Tons of work that I need to do.
Getting all the required stuff I need to get the green light for aproval costs a fortune. From FIA aproved cage work, to homologated seats, seat brackets, seat mounts, 6 point harness, HANS, homologated fuel tank, fuel lines and brake lines running inside the car, fire extinguisher systems, cut off switch, bonnet pins, un-adjustable steering column, polycarbonate windows... etc etc etc...

Will be looking out for a fuel tank soon, probably next month, so if anyone knows where I can get a 20Ltr ATL tank thats close to being expired, let me know.
Fuel level meter inside is a bonus as I can install more gagues :p

Pictures will follow soon :)

Johnboy

Re: Getting my Sprint worthy for Hillclimb Championship

Post by Johnboy »

A lot of work chap . Try eBay for the sheets for your windows. Lexan is the same as poly. This is what I'm going for .But slightly tinted 8-)
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

And welcome back stranger :D
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

AlfaCorseChris

Post by AlfaCorseChris »

Haha :)

found that company Rodger used for his sprint for windows - plastic 4 performance. they make the Sprint ones for less than 400 pounds, so thats not an issue really

what IS an issue is that damned fuel tank, which costs 2 grand !!!

And thank you :)

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Chris it's going to work out about £145 to do all mine ,using my windows as the templates. That's 3mm .You mite need 4mm for regulations. Bit better than £400 ;)