AROC 2014 Race Calander

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
alfascozia

AROC 2014 Race Calander

Post by alfascozia »

AROC have recently announced a series of three race weekends for 2014, the following information is widely known, I thought it worth posting here, I intend racing at Cadwell Park & Brands Hatch with Oulton being a 50/50 at present.

It sure would be good to have some big grids for these events...

26/27 July as part of the CTCRC Classic Festival at Cadwell Park - the famous mini-Nurburgring!

27/28 September with HSCC at Brands Hatch Indy - probably the best-known track in the country....

25 October with MSVR at the classic Oulton Park - anyone who's ever raced here knows how good it is!

All events to be 15 minute qualifying with 2 x 15 minute races, running to broadly the same regulations as have operated for the last two years - ie broadly for pre-91 cars.

AROC invite all with an interest in Alfas racing to support the races this year - we will announce more details as soon as they are finalized, but in the meantime I'm happy, as the Director (Richard Murtha) with responsibility for motorsport, to answer any questions I can - and tell you when I can't.

Johnboy

Re: AROC 2014 Race Calander

Post by Johnboy »

Hi Rodger

I will defo try and make it to brands as it's about an hour from me :D need to check the calendar tho as mite be away.
Be good to meet up tho and see the sprint in action;)
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Brands is close to me so will but it on the Calender and hope nothing else comes up

Ted27sud

Post by Ted27sud »

I will try to be out in the Sud at Brands and Oulton Park but can't make Cadwell Park. This is a double pain for me as I was meant to be racing my Crossle Formula Ford there on the same day. :(

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

should be able to make cadwell rodger ;) bet shrew will too given half a chance

aiming to make my first ever trip to brands in april for the superbikes 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

I'll be at brands for bsb hoping to do all three rounds camping at middle and season finally not sure about first round for camping will see what weather is doing . Vw van does have its uses !!!

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Simonsud wrote:I'll be at brands for bsb hoping to do all three rounds camping at middle and season finally not sure about first round for camping will see what weather is doing . Vw van does have its uses !!!
:lol:
can't argue there, tried a tent at cadwell last year, not keen :(

did actualyl think about a little fiat camper the other week but i've too much on the go at the moment.

if we do go to brands in april it will be for the qualifying day, will watch race day from the armchair ;)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Nearly got a fiat 900 before t25 would have been cool little camper but not as practical as t25

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Simonsud wrote:Nearly got a fiat 900 before t25 would have been cool little camper but not as practical as t25
was a 900 i was looking at the other week, on ebay up in sheffield so on my doorstep too. went for just over £1k but needed work, probably a whole heap of work once i got started digging so left it!
i'd not do a lot of sleeping in it though, more a base for days at bsb etc. handy to make a cuppa out of the rain :)
would be handy to be able to put me & my lad up for a night though

maybe one day....
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS