Brands Hatch 30/31 July

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
Marlow Sud

Brands Hatch 30/31 July

Post by Marlow Sud »

There are four of us racing in the Pre 83 races.
Malcolm, Duncan,Chris & me.
Here are the timings:
image.jpg

The shed was getting a good clean up today so all the cars had to come out.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I am having a sneaky practice/shakedown session at Brands on Tuesday next week.

Brgds
Simon

BS25

Re: Brands Hatch 30/31 July

Post by BS25 »

I hope all 4 of you have a great weekend - good luck :-)

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Lovely collection of toys Simon, hope you all have a great weekend. :D

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Hi Guys,

My fuel issues are still present and I pulled out of qualifying early. That will teach me to mess with the fuel tank! The good news is that the car has reduced in weight from 935KG to 919KG. The carbs were stripped in the paddock but to no avail. There was good fuel flow to both carbs. The car accelerated well off the line in the race today but after a couple of bends the same problem occurred. When turning sharp to the left the car recovered quickly. Tomorrow the plan is to change the pump and to fill the tank to the brim.
For the longer term I think I will need a swirl pot to work with this tank.

The two fuel injected cars were running well today but Malcolm was also suffering fuel issues.

All the best,
Simon

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Hi Guys,

Malcolm and I missed the pre83 race today (don't ask) but ran in the Classic Thunder later in the day.
The SC was fine after a carb strip and clean.
The Trofeo is still having problems despite a pump change and brimmed tank. I will get it fully sorted for Snetterton.

Duncan and Chris had a really good close race mixing it up between themselves and the Mk2 Lotus Cortina. Malcolm would have been right on Chris's tail.
Duncan is getting better all the time despite the lumps of lead on the passenger floor to keep him within the class weight. He met one of the previous owners of the 16V Sprint in the Paddock.

Thats it for now.

Brgds,
Simon
IMG_4240.JPG

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Golf Gti, Mini, Sud SC, Sud Sprint and poorly Trofeo popping and banging at the back.
I knew things were up when the Moggie Minor went past :oops:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qet30o8f5u12 ... 7.MOV?dl=0

Brgds,
Simon

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Oh dear !! Hope it gets sorted soon. :(

Oxfordshire driver

Post by Oxfordshire driver »

Hello CAF
Hands are well and truly up, I mis-read the timetable resulting in a very adreneline fuelled Chris and Duncan making it onto track with literally seconds to spare!
Simon and I unfortunately we're still somewhere near Clackett Lane services :oops:

Chris and Duncan both improved on their times from Saturday but strangely they haven't thanked me yet :roll:

As Simon has said, the SC suffered from crud in the carbs on Saturday but on a plus note the complete cutout I had at Donington didn't return. Parts replaced were; master battery switch, coil, distributor cap and rotor arm along with many tests of all wiring.

Next job planned is to treat the 40 IDF's to a well overdue ultrasonic bath before Snetterton. Will also get Simon's 48's in there too just to rule out another area of concern.

Here is my video from Saturday;

https://youtu.be/qHHZvQ3uJAo

Was able to improve by 6 tenths on Sunday after paddock crud removal with Simon's help but as I was running in Classic Thunder with Imprezas it doesn't make for an interesting video.

All the best for now,
Malcolm