Old vids on you tube

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
Veesix75

Old vids on you tube

Post by Veesix75 »

The for sale post of the 33 reminded me of this, only two of the old 33's I remember, but you can hear them coming on lap 2. A familiar Sud but yellow is there also

The grey 33 was turbo charged. You can here the turbos whistle on the bertone up front, the guilietta , and the red 75. The white75 spinner was a turbo.

If you glimpse a White Sud with green nose - it's me!

By coincidence, if you spot a yellow sprinting the first link, thats my current Sprint in a previous life.

Second link is from the packed days of class F, top racing at the front.

Both races at donington on the same day! At least 50 Alfa's racing, I entered both races.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbqxCQl_k78

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3TCK2XEX6C0

Roch 1490

Re: Old vids on you tube

Post by Roch 1490 »

Hi Tim hope you're well.Great videos Class F race was fab Richard Connell's cut back at Redgate was legendry!! It was Mel's 3rd ever race in my Sud,she was very nervous & when she spun at Redgate I was so worried about the leaders coming round but she kept out the way well.I was very proud when she won Class D in 2009 & she was the first woman to win the Alfa Championship in 2010.
What are your plans for next season?? I filled in the online survey for the CTCRC kind of gave it the thumbs down :roll: won't be racing with them next year!!
all the best, speak soon.
Ian.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Hi Ian, I realised it was your Sud when I watched it again, Martin in his green and red one, and a glimpse of Steve fletcher in his white Sud.

Next year I'm hoping to race with the hscc again, I will probably have to ask them to agree to me being in the invitation class again but that's the plan. A few of the ctcrc cars turned up in the 70's road sports at Silverstone. The 3 firenzas and a mk1 Capri.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Some of the 33's and other old racers......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AeYYxmqyUlg

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Thanks Tim, great to watch. Where have all those cars gone? :cry:

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Watching the races from 96 onwards is what got me into racing, the cars, the sound, awesome.

It would be hard to choose a favourite but I liked the red 75 3 litre, car no. 5

Sad as I am, I think I may have spotted my Sprint again in the last link, it was originally red before yellow and has been a racer for a long time. It appears at 2:12 behind the blue guiletta. Different front spoiler though but the rear arches look the same.

Bryan might remember but it might have been driven by tony soper or someone called 'vic' in the auto Italian series also when red.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Some of us have seen this before, but posted for James / junior to see what an old Skool sud was capable of

Watch the sud appear at approx 20 seconds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag9iGflx90

junior

Post by junior »

:D Love it, I see exactly what you mean. Great fun and esp there as it brought back memories of taking a big Ducati around there many years back.

Thought I was doing fine going smoothly and all that then deep in one corner leant to the right and a BSA bantam appeared under my right elbow and nipped past. Soon overtook him of course but things got a bit ragged after that.

He and I had a good laugh about it afterwards and it was a neat little bike. Full race and local knowledge made him a bit of a giant killer.

Thank for putting that up, much appreciated.

BS25

Post by BS25 »

Veesix75 wrote:Watching the races from 96 onwards is what got me into racing, the cars, the sound, awesome.

It would be hard to choose a favourite but I liked the red 75 3 litre, car no. 5

Sad as I am, I think I may have spotted my Sprint again in the last link, it was originally red before yellow and has been a racer for a long time. It appears at 2:12 behind the blue guiletta. Different front spoiler though but the rear arches look the same.

Bryan might remember but it might have been driven by tony soper or someone called 'vic' in the auto Italian series also when red.
Hi Tim - I think that will have been Tony Soper, he definately raced that Sprint in our series - with a fairly standard 16v engine. I didn't realise that was your car - after Tony did it end up yellow and being raced by a guy called James Bate (not sure if thats right) in TinTops? I remember an in car video from Rockingham I think!

The Cadwell race I remember well! I found my way past the two 75's (Paul Buckley in the red car and Alan Marshall in the Blue/White) and finished third overall behind team mate Graham Presley (75) who won, with Nick Sismey second (the car for sale in the Classifieds thread). Andy Curtis 33 16v retired when a front hub broke. Andy's car was an ex-Alfa Corse 33 that ran in Italian Touring Cars - it was from the same team as the 75 turbo that Graham Presley bought at the same time. Andy and Graham were both long time BLS customers (road and race) and we had our work cut out getting the two cars up to UK scrutineering standards! There's probably another thread to tell the story of that trip to Italy if anyone is interested?!
Last edited by BS25 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BS25

Post by BS25 »

Tim - here's the Rockingham link - so if it is your Sprint it's relevant! The uploader of the vid was JAB - that may fit the James Bate name I recalled. Future Classics not Tin Tops though :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCESXsULBEs

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Yes it's the same shell. Nothing else remains from its yellow days except the rear axle.