Alfa 33 1400 16V Rallycar

An area for Alfa Racers to share their experiences and plans, along with technical specs and details (if willing!) of their beloved cars.
rsfruitbat

Re: Alfa 33 1400 16V Rallycar

Post by rsfruitbat »

Car 85 on Sunday. If anyone is coming over come and say hello. Look for the Alfa flag in the service area..

Rsfruitbat

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

See you there mate, are you staying on site Saturday night?
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Clio 172
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

rsfruitbat

Post by rsfruitbat »

Hi Kev
Great to see you again on Sunday. Perhaps one of these days we will meet in decent weather.

Anyway didn't have a good event.
Started off with taking the exhaust off the car when I was putting it on the trailer. No idea why, never happened before. :evil:
Anyway back off the trailer, up on the ramps, sumpguard off and remount the exhaust.
Job done, off to cadwell.
4hrs later arrive at cadwell :D
First event in ages where scrutineering went back to normal. Id forgotten how much fun it is stood around for ages in a bitter cold wind waiting for someone to pull your pride and joy to pieces.
Bearing mind that the car was built in the early 90's the scrutineering had a problem with the roll cage :roll: . I have welded my clamps that join one section of the cage to another. Blue book says it can Be fully welded or bolted. Scrutineer agreed what I had done was stronger but was concerned it was not covered. Anyway 20mins later and after input from chief scrutineer sense prevailed and they said we could play.
Phewwwwww. :D
Weather on Sunday was rubbish and circuit was very slippy. Discovered my balls aren't big enough for these high speed corners.
In the queue for SS3 the clutch started to make a squealing noise. Car was driving ok but noise was very concerning. Consensus of opinion was it was clutch release bearing related. Carried on but always in the back of your mind if you were doing more damage.
Weather dried for the middle of the day and circuit dried out apart from in the trees. Started to push on a bit more.
Big delay before the last pair of stages so that everyone ran in the dark. While we are waiting heaven's open.
Time to call it quits. Put the car on the trailer. As least it's in one piece and still working
Once we got home on Monday, once stuff was put away next job was to take the engine and box out. Two and a half hours laterits on the floor in bits.
Clutch plate was worn and rivets had just started to kiss the clutch cover.
Spoke to helix on Monday and if I could get the clutch to them they might be able to repair it. Decided to drive it down to banbury. Got there and agreed they would see what could be done.
Wednesday midday get acall to say clutch is ready but they had found some problems with the cover. Back to Banbury, pay bill ( ouch ) take clutch home. Spent Wednesday evening fitting the clutch,getting the gearbox back onto the engine, hanging it all back in place, connecting backup.
Gave up with about an hours work left to do.

Thursday, get a text about 1:30 , rally this weekend cancelled. Don't know weather to laugh of cry.
Anyway, repairs now done so I can start getting ready for Donnington at the start of December

That's Motorsport I suppose.

Rsfruitbat