Lancia Track Day, 18th April

Spacenut

Lancia Track Day, 18th April

Post by Spacenut »

The excellent Goodwood circuit once again played host to the Lancia Owners Club trackday event on Saturday 18th April. You can always guarantee a great selection of classic Lancias, but there is usually a strong turn-out of Alfas as well. The weather was superb, albeit a bit windy. Here we go...

Now I've seen a lot of Lancia Flaminias before, but this particular model I was not Flaminia with...

Owned by a chap called Simon, who drove it down from London, this car was ordered in RHD from the factory by Count MV Agusta (Vincenzo?) for his wife to drive. It's RHD because apparently the Italian nobility preferred to get out of the drivers seat straight on to the pavement!

Allegedly Mrs MV Agusta had an affair and after she inherited the Count's fortune on his death, she met a similar fate by falling off a cliff and her lover disappeared with all the cash – or so the story goes. What an amazing provenance!

2.5 litre V6 and rear transaxle, just like the larger (and heavier Aurelia).

And now for something a little more modern... but only a little...

Fabulous seats...

Door marker lights were apparently factory standard too...

There were several Fulvias in attendance, ranging from rally-spec Fanalones to pristine originals (and a saloon, which was unfortunately too dark to photograph properly – sorry Kev!). Normally I prefer the Fanalones, but this was my favourite Fulvia on the day.

More to come!

Lauren

Spacenut

Re: Lancia Track Day, 18th April

Post by Spacenut »

OK, we're back.

These Campags were my favourite wheel of the day.

Quite a few Supercars turned up as well, as you can see. Pantera GTS5 looked superb!

It's an ex-rear wing model (there were rubber bungs on the mounting holes). I prefer the wing-less look myself, and I think this is the best-looking of the later cars.

I'm using my latest communistical camera lens (Zenitar 16mm fish-eye), mounted on my DSLR for a change. Another nice set of wheels!

Purple Diablo is owned by a guy called Peter, who lives near Petersfield, so my friend Sean managed to blag a ride back to his house while I drove his car back. He was still in a state of shock when we met up again an hour later!

After Sean left I wondered around a bit more, and snapped this beautiful Beta HPE. They used to be everywhere in my youth, but now they are rare sight. I've got a bit of a thing about shooting-brakes!

Amazing what stuff turns up at these events – a rally-spec Pagoda no less!

Autobianchi is a regular at this event and others around the South...

Even more to come!

Lauren

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

OK, back again...

I switched over from the Zenitar to my zebra-stripe Meyer-Optik Orestor 125mm with x2 converter for the zoom shots. My lack of experience in action photography is obvious!

...But it was such a lovely day I couldn't resist posting a few snaps...

...As one-by-one the cars raced off toward Madgewick 1...

I'm pretty sure the silver GTV belongs to Alex Jupe. The engine sounded superb!

So that was the Lancia trackday done for 2015. Fingers crossed, next year I will be there in my own car.

Lauren

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

thanks for sharing the pix lauren, i always get tempted by the goodwood trackday when the form comes in the club mag but i've never been. never had anything worthy of gracing the track lately!

that fulvia coupe looks a peach, really nice. i can confirm that the door lights are factory fit, richs' berlina has them too, lancias of that period were class leaders in the refinement stakes 8-)

ideally a flaminia would grace my drive but i very much doubt it :cry:

flavia is always an option....

beta HPE more than an option as there is one very local to me that needs (on the face of it....) minor work to get up to spec again.....and i've heard comments from my friend the owner that it's time for it to go....
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Great write up Lauren !some lovely cars too 8-)
I can't wait for goodwood this year. Need to get my tickets as a certain Italian gp rider going to be there on Sunday.Rossi or something never heard of him :D