Light Entertainment - pre Alfa wheels

Veesix75

Re: Light Entertainment - pre Alfa wheels

Post by Veesix75 »

Back to a more comedy related them at my expense......

I'm tempted to say that even Shrew won't get this one, however his Magnum PI skills are proving too good.

Anyhow, nice and simple, just the make of the bike will do........

No points for what has been removed from the bike, just about everything would be the answer.

No points for why I am doing an impression of Jimmy Hill, as even I dont know the answer to that (it clearly upset the dog at the time......)

Classic small town street urchin on his first petrol powered wheels :
Old photo on scrambler.JPG

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

That square cylinder head reminds me of a Puch M50 I once stripped for parts, but the fuel tank didn't look like that :?:

Not laughing at all, it's great to have a photographic record of your old wheels... wish I had such a comprehensive record :cry:

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Small world , we also had puch m50 just after this one.....we couldn't get it to run so swapped it for a go cart frame with no engine, to which we then fitted a Honda c90 four stroke engine, wedged in place with a block of wood. I was 10 years old, my brother and friend 12! The go cart was very quick, even had slicks on it!

I can't remember how much we paid for the mystery bike above, but the Puch cost us a fiver.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

good job you left the tank on, or i wouldn't have stuck my neck out this far on the cylinder head alone, but not much else to go on.

the tank i think, i hope, gives it away, and i think it is an MZ/Simson S51

and because it had just struts at the back, no coil spring, i'd go as far as to estimate it as early 80's?

hows that Tim?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

That shouldn't have been so quick / easy, even with google to help!

I was expecting MZ but not Simson straight away.

It's not 80's though , the photo is appox 1979.

The twist grip/throttle broke off, so it had a bolted on brake lever from a push bike, throttle cable attached to the brake lever and we pulled the lever to make it go.

Shrew is either a walking encyclopaedia of all things with wheels, or a master of google images.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

ha ha!

Lovin It!

Not bad then, but i think ive just been lucky so far Tim.

Maybe a handful of years between us, but a very similar mispent youth helps me enormously, plus many years in the bike trade to follow, so motorbikes are probably easier for me than cars would.

Google is very useful in one way, as i'm not too good with years on some things, so i won't deny i havent been there! ha ha!

Its good fun though this,

MORE MORE MORE!!!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon