Not a Alfa Italian or even a car

KevJTD

Re: Not a Alfa Italian or even a car

Post by KevJTD »

great stuff Simon, good to see the family getting stuck in too :)

may be worth emailing the JCB factory, the guys in the visitor centres seemed very much into the history of the company, mr bamford apparently insisting that customers always came first etc so i'm sure they'd love to hear about the resurrection especially the family involvement angle....may even blag some free spares ;)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

My youngest daughter is more in to driving the jcb and tractor than fixing it but that's more than the wife and eldest what to do with them . My youngest is 13 but has already looked into the law on driving and she can drive the tractor from field to field at 14 and as the jcb has been classes as agriculture on the log book she can drive that as well at 16 she can get her tractor license

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

No much goi g on lately but have just brought a NOS clutch off eBay had to wait for seller to relist it as he declined all my offers instead of counter offering so was locked out of anymore offers . Then I messaged him and said relist it I'am still interested and he accepted my first offer as the saying goes it's only worth what someone is willing to pay .
Also been busy with work and and getting my old dirt bike ready for a practice enduro but did get jcb ready for winter with fresh antifreeze and covered up engine
Attachments
IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

JCB works finally got it done and first outing to festival of transport it's the first time it's been anywhere under its own power in 5 years . Could have eased it in gentle but no straight out on a 10 mile drive scariest drive I've ever done in my life 6 3/4 tons of bouncing out of control 41 year old metal .
Attachments
IMG_2517.JPG

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Magnificent 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Did you have to get a sort of MOT or is it exempt ?

Your daughter will be able to drive to school in it when she is old enough. :shock: :lol:

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

It agriculture on log book so free road tax if it was heavy plant it would be £220 road tax . It doesn't need any mot or any test it should have working lights !!! and a flashing beacon , beacon sorted it's a magnetic one with crocodile clips straight on battery lights and wiring are on the list but next job is cab off and weld new tops to archs and remake lower part of cab with 2inch box and repair rest . But before that wife's away this weekend and I've made opening into field JCB size so a bit of gardening with it and a nice sight in the field for when see gets back .
I only booked it in to show Monday as wasn't sure if it would be ready guy who organises tractors and working vehicles was very keen to see it at show so gave me late entry and greated me Friday night with you must be simon not many people take JCBs it's the first one to ever be entered . Whorls like to take it to Laughton show in a couple of weeks but that's even further to drive and clashes with a motor bike enduro I'am hoping to do

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Made it home this is us leaving
Attachments

[The extension mov has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

https://www.movescount.com/moves/move173443533 Not sure if link will work this is gps data of drive there

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Next little job check heater matrix and get fan working it could do with extra water capacity as it got hot on long hills and rad cap won't hold pressure so new one on order. It lost water out the cap and temp gauge works but gave false reading as I found a old sender at work but it must be wrong resistance so I was worried it was over heating but just think cap was main problem as it ran perfect
Attachments
IMG_2531.JPG
IMG_2532.JPG

junior

Post by junior »

Met a chap last week who had a JCB logo tattoo on his hand and when I asked him about it he mentioned his initials. Just the same.

His Dad had been mad on them ! Any one here got the initials ALFA ? :lol:

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Heater all stripped no leaks just a few areas I'll re solder fan was seized but freed up with no bother but didn't work so stripped it down and brushes needed freeing and it works I've got a old wiper motor that has same size brushes so will use them
Attachments
IMG_2533.JPG

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Heater done electrolysis and some paint
Also filed down brushes from a grinder no leaks and fan works not bad for a 41 year digger that's been outside all its life
Attachments
IMG_2614.JPG

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

I was told that ALFA stood for

Always looking for another......

which in my case is true!

Dave

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

What does JCB stand for as I've been offered three had a note left in the cab at the show and going to look at it soon

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

We did the factory JCB tour last year, our Sarah and me, it refers to the initials of the founder. Joseph Cyril Bamford

http://www.sln.org.uk/geography/schools ... istory.htm
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Picked up matching wheel for the front and a ram to replace leaking one have been doing bits to it like welding bonnet hinge back one new alternator and correct exhaust hoping to paint some of it when weather gets better had planed to fit wheel and ram over Easter but weather looks wet all weekend
Attachments
A820341C-D881-4A73-8BD9-795539706A42.jpeg

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Keep forgetting to post updates as most my stuff goes on instagram at simonsud74
Would be good if I actually do some work on the sud instead of stuff for other people
Attachments
52A5FBC7-45B2-4C85-959C-633C272CEBCA.jpeg
D625E470-6013-4986-A42F-0065846EF5F4.jpeg

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Fitting the bonnet showed up a obvious mistake and why paint was burnt on the bonnet the exhaust I made went straight up but hole in Bonnet is offset forward so exhaust box is hidden underneath so I brought a new correct one

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Not to much to report on restoration but I’ve used it to dig out a shed base but excessive but good fun and shed is not exactly small
Attachments
3151C062-7728-417D-8D13-7D288DDC8943.jpeg
26AAAC18-6C63-4E4C-B66C-971E11DF2C43.jpeg
B2EE9EC5-C46E-4CD1-97C8-97DD7095AB89.jpeg

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Bet that was fun, much more fun than manual labour :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Definitely better than digging by hand as dug out a good 30cm to keep roof low as didn’t want to upset neighbours