TiX many moons ago

Oxfordshire driver

TiX many moons ago

Post by Oxfordshire driver »

Looking at Gary Orchard's TiX rebuild got me scurrying off to my old photo box..
TiX 4.jpg
TiX 3.jpg
TiX 1.jpg
TiX 2.jpg
TiX 6.jpg
I think a few of these pics, and this one of the Giulia TZ were taken at a National Alfa Day somewhere around Loughborough towards the end of the 80's :?:

Oxfordshire driver

Re: TiX many moons ago

Giulia TZ.jpg

Gary Orchard

Post by Gary Orchard »

Nice TiX !

Looks like it is dead now though as not been taxed since 1992

When did you have the car ?

Oxfordshire driver

Hi Gary
Yes, long passed away I am sure.
I bought it late 80's I think from Lombarda in Ladbroke Grove. £2800 rings a bell, a lot of money then.
Discovered after buying it that it had a wing replaced and tarted up by the garage, certain things didn't quite align etc.
I recall it had a wooden steering wheel which I am sure was not standard on the TiX.
The small sticker at the back under ALFA ROMEO is a 'Lombarda' sticker.
Was very pleased with it though and spent endless evenings cruising around with my mate in his Lancia Beta coupe.

Good luck with your rebuild, I am looking forward to 'the reveal'.

All the best,
Malcolm

Gary Orchard

Post by Gary Orchard »

Hi Malcolm

I noticed in your pictures there are a couple of non original features

It should not have a wooden steering wheel - this was only standard on the Gold Cloverleaf sud and some special edition sprints

Also it has lost the decals that should be along each side - it had the Alfa Romeo logo on the rear wing and then a dotted "fade" effect that went along the door and lower bit of the front wing - as they were only sold as sets it was common for these to be removed as soon as any panel was painted or replaced.(they were missing on mine)

The backs of the door mirrors should be painted the same colour as the car as well to match the front grille - the decals and painting of the grille/mirrors were all done in the UK at the import centre prior to sale

Not to sure when the car will be finished but I am trying to keep it as original as I can - glad to have revived some memories for you !

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

I really like the first photo.
A sea of suds, I wonder how many are still about. :cry:

Series 2 Missionary

Post by Series 2 Missionary »

Not many I'd guess. I think that red S2 in the first photo with the webasto sunroof might be Colin Million's, the one that he restored about 5 years ago. It's subtly modified now, a beauty

Greencloverleaf pat

Post by Greencloverleaf pat »

First picture is really nice with all those Alfasuds :).