Classic Alfas And Me.

Nige005

Classic Alfas And Me.

Post by Nige005 »

Here are some of the Classic Alfas that I've owned over the years. Sad to say some were new or nearly new at the time...........

One missing is the Turd Brown 116 Giulietta that I had for a short while, no pics at all of this one. Don't think I felt the love for this one.

Current Classic is the GTV 6

103.jpg
Here are some of the Classic Alfas that I've owned over the years. Sad to say
Attachments
303.jpg
375.jpg
646.jpg
834.jpg
9 Jun 1 .jpg

Nige005

Re: Classic Alfas And Me.

Post by Nige005 »

Oooops, pictures in wrong order and text is repeated oddly. I think my very classic IT skills are at work here !

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

True Alfa man

Always buy the rusty ones :lol:

Respect :D
H

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

some very nice cars there nige 8-)

S1 suds my fav of course ;)

pics tend to want to upload in revesrse order for soem reason, we may get this solved...or we may just get used to it :D
a few gremlins to iron out mate :)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

Kermit wrote:True Alfa man

Always buy the rusty ones :lol:

Respect :D
H

:D Glutton for punishment !

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Where's the fun in buying a finished one! Start with a diamond in the ruff ;)
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

KevJTD wrote:some very nice cars there nige 8-)

S1 suds my fav of course ;)

pics tend to want to upload in revesrse order for soem reason, we may get this solved...or we may just get used to it :D
a few gremlins to iron out mate :)

I liked them all, some more than others. Here's my run down on them in picture order.

HV 50, bought new in Cyprus in 1976 from Demades in Limassol, tax free, my first Alfa. The pic was taken in Happy Valley, Episkopi less than two hours after leaving the showroom. Note the paper " Number Plates " ! Those were the days ! Paid the grand sum of £2000 Sterling, not a cheap car even then. Should have brought it home on repat but the paperwork defeated me so traded in, amazingly for £2200, more than I paid for it, the ONLY time that this has ever happened to me ! Picked up the replacement MG Midget 1500 at RAF Brize Norton four hours after landing from Cyprus, would have been earlier but the delivery driver and his dolly bird assistant had taken it off for some er, afternoon delight........ HV 50 was a lovely 1.2 ti, remember at about 1000 miles the engine just coughed and suddenly freed up, vroom vroom, off we went ! Was a great little car but found out after Supercharged Chris did some research for me it didn't survive for too long before it appeared to have been written off. :cry:

SJX. This was a very odd car, never seemed quite right and was in what I think was an odd colour, Corrallo ? Got this after living with the Midget for about an year, enough was enough. So it wasn't very old at the time I got it from a showroom in Barnsley. Suppose that it was OK ish but the most annoying quirk it had was that the engine would just cut out at random intervals and despite spending a lot of time investigating and changing ALL Ignition system components and fuel system components I never did figure out what the cause was. The paint lines were odd too, a very peculiar car that didn't quite do it for me.

EFE, a 1.5 ti and my favourite, loved this little sud. The pic has faded but honest guys it was AR 130 Rosso. Bought at just over a year old from Loveday and Bennets, a VAG dealer in Louth. Initially had problems with Big End rattle on cold starts which was put down to the shells. This was the start of a long saga and to be fair to the Dealer they tried their best but couldn't fix it, they didn't have the knowledge of Alfas. In a way it was good as it eventually led to being introduced to Tom and Phil ( now BLS ) at the Alfa Dealer on Newark Road Lincoln. ( Help me out Kev, I can't remember the name :oops: ) Problem was quickly sorted by putting an Alfa Oil Filter on to replace the incorrect VAG one fitted by L & B...... Lesson here for every one ? After this I loved the car and kept it for a long time, even tarted up with a respray and various other little go faster mods until I saw the light and realized that rot to the Bulkhead was going to kill it off sooner rather than later. Oh well.

The last sud was the 1350 tix, very competent little car which did me well, again I enjoyed this for quite a long time until I felt the need for something a little bigger.

Hence the Alfetta Gold Cloverleaf. I got this from Michael Lindsay and people of er, a similar vintage to me, will recall that he just about run AROC single handed for many years. Comfortable and fairly swift, though it was no 'sud, but it was a nice car to drive. Took it to Cyprus when I went back to live there and I poled around the island for five years until in a moment of madness I let loose a local mechanic on a Head gasket problem. After stripping the whole engine to its component parts on his garage floor it became apparent that this was the end. I was leaving the country shortly for sand dunes anew in the Middle East so I made it the only rear engined Alfetta in the World by simply putting the engine in the Boot and towing it home to be left to the tender mercies of my ex to be. Never saw it again, within a couple of months it was scrapped and cut up as it was Duty Free so couldn't even salvage or sell any bits.

On to the GTV 6 - lovely ! A car I always wanted one when they were current but with wife, kids, mortgage and a bank manager to support it couldn't be. This one came up a few years ago in Lincoln and it was love at first sight. With a lot of help from Kev and Jim the bodywork man it went through a bit of a refurb and I've enjoyed it ever since. Battery is flat right now so excuse me whilst I go and pump a few electrons into it.....
Last edited by Nige005 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

markalfa83

Post by markalfa83 »

Hello Nige. A nice selection of Alfas you've had over the years 8-)

How are you keeping?

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

markalfa83 wrote:Hello Nige. A nice selection of Alfas you've had over the years 8-)

How are you keeping?

Hi Mark, good to hear from you ! Kev and I were talking about you, in a good way I hasten to add, on Thursday night. How are you and your Alfas ? Time we met up again.

Had a few problems in the last few months but mostly on the mend, thankfully.

markalfa83

Post by markalfa83 »

Nige005 wrote:
markalfa83 wrote:Hello Nige. A nice selection of Alfas you've had over the years 8-)

How are you keeping?

Hi Mark, good to hear from you ! Kev and I were talking about you, in a good way I hasten to add, on Thursday night. How are you and your Alfas ? Time we met up again.

Good to hear your on the mend Nige :) I'm fine thanks mate and so is the Mito and Sprint. I longer have an account on the 'other side' and with having an extension built at home I've been a bit quiet over the last few months. So yes, we'll have a meet up at some point 8-)

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

markalfa83 wrote:
Nige005 wrote:

How are you keeping?

Good to hear your on the mend Nige :) I'm fine thanks mate and so is the Mito and Sprint. I longer have an account on the 'other side' and with having an extension built at home I've been a bit quiet over the last few months. So yes, we'll have a meet up at some point 8-)

Be nice if you could do the Scaletrix thing that I'm going to sort out sometime soon.
Last edited by Nige005 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

Johnboy wrote:Where's the fun in buying a finished one! Start with a diamond in the ruff ;)

As long as you like the pain and sleepless nights !!! :mrgreen:

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

This is true :lol: