Suds & Sprints at National Alfa Day

Bluesuit

Suds & Sprints at National Alfa Day

Post by Bluesuit »

A good sprinkling of Suds and Sprints at National Alfa Day and looking very nice.
Attachments
Concours Suds, Sprints and 33
Concours Suds, Sprints and 33
Another one saved
Another one saved
Even the odd shower didn't spoil things
Even the odd shower didn't spoil things
Alfa Mito 1.6JTDM-2 QV Line

Nige005

Re: Suds & Sprints at National Alfa Day

Post by Nige005 »

Was that 'sud on the right of pic 1 " Corrallo " ?

If so I had one that colour which wasn't my favourite although I didn't mind it. What I did mind was that it was the worst 'sud i ever owned, a very problematic car.

Bluesuit

Post by Bluesuit »

there was some discussion about it being an original S1 colour, but I recall seeing them in that colour, though the wheels on this one were alloys, not standard.

Bluesuit

Post by Bluesuit »

Corallo - coral red

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

Certainly made me see red ! :mrgreen:

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

I like that colour, and considering orange for my Sud (if they still do orange in fifty years time)..... :roll:

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

3 suds
1 Sprint
1 33
Poor turn out it seems :shock:

Bluesuit

Post by Bluesuit »

There were a few more later on, at least 5 sprints, this was taken early on in the concours area, there were some others parked elsewhere. Most suds and sprints I'd seen in one place for 15 years.

Had our East Anglian AROC Norfolk run this Monday, apart from 2 156 sportwagons we had about 10 cars all different models including an s3 Sud 1.3sc

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Hi,
Just to set the record straight, the colour is Corallo Torre De Greco. It was introduced in 1975. My first car, a 1977 series 1 sud 5m was in this colour. It was originally Posillipo Blu but over painted red almost from new. Apparently, there was a waiting time for red ti's when they first arrived in the UK and this owner couldn't wait. She is registered in May 1975.
This car was a total wreck when stripped out and took six years to get where it is now.
It has/had one previous owner from new and his name was written inside the after market "cosmic" alloy wheels. That is why they were kept with the car. It has a set of steels as per original as well.
She was well received at Chatham and received a runners up trophy, but that was chosen by the people attending. She was never going to be completely original as so much was destroyed but lets face it, nothing old is completely original.
Thanks.
:geek:

STEVE5M

Post by STEVE5M »

Kegsti66 wrote:Hi,
Just to set the record straight, the colour is Corallo Torre De Greco. It was introduced in 1975. My first car, a 1977 series 1 sud 5m was in this colour. It was originally Posillipo Blu but over painted red almost from new. Apparently, there was a waiting time for red ti's when they first arrived in the UK and this owner couldn't wait. She is registered in May 1975.
This car was a total wreck when stripped out and took six years to get where it is now.
It has/had one previous owner from new and his name was written inside the after market "cosmic" alloy wheels. That is why they were kept with the car. It has a set of steels as per original as well.
She was well received at Chatham and received a runners up trophy, but that was chosen by the people attending. She was never going to be completely original as so much was destroyed but lets face it, nothing old is completely original.
Thanks.
:geek:
Lovely work. You must have thought twice about taking that one on!
Had: 1974 Alfasud 5M, 1989 Alfasud Sprint 1.5QV,
Got: 1986 Alfetta GTV6
Want: Alfasud 5M, S1 Alfasud1.2 or 1.3Ti

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

More than twice !! :shock:
I bought it without viewing, but it was what I expected give or take a bit of rust ha ha.
What year is your 5m ?
That was my first car on an "R" plate, in that colour with blue ribbed vinyl. Fond memories.
This was her nearing completion.
Attachments
SL373373.JPG

STEVE5M

Post by STEVE5M »

My 1.2L, 5M bit the rust a long time ago! I would love another but the chances are slim!
Had: 1974 Alfasud 5M, 1989 Alfasud Sprint 1.5QV,
Got: 1986 Alfetta GTV6
Want: Alfasud 5M, S1 Alfasud1.2 or 1.3Ti

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

I voted for your Sud at Chatham last year. Triffik

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Thanks sud145,
It made my day. That was her first proper run out. About 220 mile round trip with no issues. Even had a Jag XK220 pull alongside us on the M25 and give us a big grin and thumbs up before hitting hyperspace.

vecchioalfa

Post by vecchioalfa »

Kegsti66 wrote:More than twice !! :shock:
I bought it without viewing, but it was what I expected give or take a bit of rust ha ha.
What year is your 5m ?
That was my first car on an "R" plate, in that colour with blue ribbed vinyl. Fond memories.
I think this is the oldest Ti in the UK Keith, its older than my oldest one which is an early 1976 on a 'P' plate
We could do with setting up a detailed register for these cars detailing much info as possible, something we could look into in the future maybe

alfachris

Post by alfachris »

vecchioalfa wrote:
What year is your 5m ?
I think this is the oldest Ti in the UK Keith, its older than my oldest one which is an early 1976 on a 'P' plate
We could do with setting up a detailed register for these cars detailing much info as possible, something we could look into in the future maybe
Thats a good idea about doing a register............Shrew
I'm happy to do it

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

alfachris wrote:
vecchioalfa wrote:
What year is your 5m ?
Thats a good idea about doing a register............Shrew
I'm happy to do it

there is already a very good alfasud register, run by bryan alexander and colin metcalfe.
i'd urge anyone to tell bryan of any cars that he doesn't know of, he's a true sud enthusiast...like us all ;)

http://www.freewebs.com/alfasud/
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more