Alfasud 1.5ti QV Aus delivered (resurection)

buzzed

Alfasud 1.5ti QV Aus delivered (resurection)

Post by buzzed »

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, not so new to Alfas. I look forward to sharing and swapping ideas. So I am mucking around with an Alfasud ti QV that has been in a shed for 7 years unstarted from what I can tell. Before:
As she sat for 7 years
As she sat for 7 years
After:
After a wash, clay and polish
After a wash, clay and polish
Does anyone have a wirign diagram for the maralli distributor (no vaccuum)? Mine seems to not be playing ball as ignition is not being advanced between 2000 and approx 4000. The mechanical weights and springs are freshly cleaned up and move freely, so I am rather suspect of something else in the single line diagram. Fuel is fine, plenty of that, and it idles perfectly, but try to pull away and it is seriously lacking in torque, until 4000 or so where it picks up again. Any wisdom or elec drawing graciously accepted...or better yet, is someone has a bosch unit they are willing to sell me...I'd go that option at this stage!

Alfasixnut

Re: Alfasud 1.5ti QV Aus delivered (resurection)

Post by Alfasixnut »

Nice work on your Sud! Well Done.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Lovely resurrection that Mike, nice Ti! :P

I'm all but dry for those distributors i'm afraid, but you might find an all round better answer in another thread of mine in Sud tech lounge.

NoDiz, theres your answer Mike! ;)
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

buzzed

Post by buzzed »

Haha, thans Shrew, well yes I had read that post, I am well versed with computers, and I suppose if I head down the route of cams then I will end up wishing I had gone for computer control.. For now, I'm keen to understand how this marellis diz works, I will not be defeated by a simple dizzy!!

Cheers for coments guys, long way to go yet. Few rust repairs (battery tray...what battery tray?!).

AlfaCorseChris

Post by AlfaCorseChris »

Lovely :)

Mate, have you checked your timing belts by any chance ?

buzzed

Post by buzzed »

haha, yes I have checked the cambelts. I replaced them, pump looked good, so have left that till next time. Checked timing several times before turning by hand and convincing myself I was not about to stuff a good motor!

A few more pics of progress. By no means to the standard of some of the projects on this forum...baby steps!

Cheers
Mike
Attachments
IMG_8223.JPG
IMG_8226.JPG
IMG_8228.JPG
IMG_8241.JPG
IMG_8242.JPG
IMG_8248.JPG

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Well you seem to have a great base to start with chap. Great looking Sud already 8-)