My Alfa 33 "The daily driver"

ricky ricardo

My Alfa 33 "The daily driver"

Post by ricky ricardo »

My Sprints here so so the 33 must follow. To me this car was a lucky find, the same morning it was advertised it became mine for $250.
I had to drag it home as the engine was destroyed from a timing belt failure but that's a small part of the story so I'll save you from a boring novel about it and I didn't document it all in pictures. But basically all the body work needed attention and suspension, exhaust and I found another destroyed to mix a match parts to build one good one. The engine goes fantastic and I've chipped the ECU.

The wheels pictured are now on the Sprint and I'm looking for another set of wheels more modern in all black. Other future plans are big Holden Commodore front brakes then take it off the road to fix all the panel gaps some dings and give it a full respray. As it is it has two shades of red, it was resprayed in an unknown code of red and I've done the front skirts mirrors and spoiler. Also half the car is clear coated the other half not.

The first thing to was rip the engine out for a rebuild.

Fix and respray much of the body work.

This show's on the left the dull original paint the mirrors corrosion and on the right when polished.

After more cutting and polishing.

I found these great headers cheap, they flow great at high revs and the motor sounds more hard core.

ricky ricardo

Re: My Alfa 33 "The daily driver"

Post by ricky ricardo »

And of course pic's of it finished, shame about the harsh light.

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

I've got some video's but it's before it's was chipped and Woha that made a big difference.

Engine sound > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpzbrdJ8jM

Hills driving > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkM1FE7I8nU

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Glad you've got your 33 on here :D shrew will be all over your exhaust system! I've spoken about it in the past ;) great work as always 8-)
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

As long as it's not to technical :geek:

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

ricky ricardo wrote:As long as it's not to technical :geek:

Ooh i'm too tired for taxing technical! ha ha!

you know what you've got already, a 4 into 1, which flows really well at the top i think you said yeah, just as it should do.

it actually looks like the joining of two original 16v collectors, belly to belly, and then standard header pipes stacked up with at least an effort made towards equal length.

i'm not surprised you think it works better, although with the performance silencers included theyd work better even on their own, but it looks like a good effort i reckon, nice find! :D

Lovely 33 all round though Ricky, very very nice rims too, and makes my own 33 look very very sorry for itself, and long overdue the light of day :(

well done :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

AlfaCorseChris

Post by AlfaCorseChris »

That looks fantastic mate, and you got it extremely cheap !!!

Great work 8-)

By the way, a set of fog lights would be a nice touch ;)

ricky ricardo

Post by ricky ricardo »

Thanks fella's I look forward to every drive in it and it costs peanuts in fuel to run unlike my 4X4. The headers actually came off a 1.7 8v and I made the 16v flanges also welded in the Lambda, unneeded now it's been chipped. The pipes are the same size as 16v ones.
I've also thought of chopping off the two lower pipes and remaking them so there all equal length but still trying to sort out the Sprint, when that's done I might have time to work on this car. I've thought about some fog light maybe after it gets resprayed including new wheels seats and Koni's. I put some Spax springs in and Spica struts in from an 86 Sprint (standard struts seized) modified for needle roller steering bearings I think are better but it really needs some Koni's, it's quite harsh but corners very well.