Alfasud in Germany

Show off your ride, or simply anything worth a look at to do with Classic Alfa's.
Suds-R-us

Alfasud in Germany

Post by Suds-R-us »

Hi Guys,

thought I'd post something as a new member to say hello. I've met up with quite a few UK based Alfasud / Alfa 33 enthusiasts over the years...German Boxertreffen 2012 for instance, SAD 2013, 2015 etc. but with working in the "fatherland" its not always easy to get home. Duxford was really great although I probably spent the whole day just speaking to 4 people, Richard Kerr (Alfa 164 man), Chris Cousins (Alfa 6 man), and the owner of the very, very tidy Alfasud S2 ti in yellow (Giallo Pozzuoli), and the beautiful totally restored Alfasud S1 ti in orange (Rosso Corallo) - sorry names aren't my strong point!

Heres a snap of my two Suds, ones a ti - potentially work in progress - with a restoration planned for it next year, the other is a very untouched Series 1 Lusso, which sees very careful use only...
Alfasud_ti.jpg
Alfasud Lusso.jpg
Enjoy.
Looks like this is a active website so will have to have a dip into the various posts over the months / years gone by, which may take a while...

Happy boxer motoring...

Kegsti66

Re: Alfasud in Germany

Post by Kegsti66 »

Welcome to the site.
I remember having a chat with you at Duxford, some nice cars turned up.
Your have a smart pair of suds there.
Keith.
( the orange one :D )

Suds-R-us

Re: Alfasud in Germany

Post by Suds-R-us »

Hi Keith,

thanks for the invite to the site. Really was blown away with what you achieved with your ti, they are probably the Alfasud to have and somehow the most appealing to my eyes, but they must be in a bright colour like yours to really stand out. I have a nice picture of it on my phone with those go-faster pork pies on the windscreen... :D
I'll post some more pictures soon, but I am snowed under with jobs this week, so I hope to make time next week when I'm on my hols to explore the website more...
Bye the way all, your hard work on your car, which was in the past just purely a labour of love, is now certainly showing signs of making financial sense too - although restoring for profit is a fairly shoddy reason for doing anything car related I know - but I have seen a few Suds (all Sprints) change hands for over 20000 euros here in Germany recently. They were all totally immaculate but didn't have any particularly special provenance to them. Good though to see that the Alfasud is finally being recognised for the outstanding car that it really is.

Cheers Graham.