My Latest Modification

PaulC

My Latest Modification

Post by PaulC »

Minari's suffer from fuel spillage from out of the petrol cap when turning right, especially when the fuel tank is more than half full. So nice top down warm sunny drives are often punctuated with the smell of Shell V+ Power in the air whenever a roundabout is negotiated, not good I'm sure you would agree? Another problem that is related to this issue is the tediously long period of time it takes to refuel a Minari as the petrol pump nozzle clicks off every few seconds.... :x The culprit is the 'Sud / 33 fuel tank and an incredibly low fuel filler position. See the first photo below.

To cure these issues several Minari owners have relocated their fuel filler and so I decided I would do the same. To this end I bought from CBS online a fuel filler assembly, 1.5 metres of 52mm flexible fuel hose and some clever one use hose clips from another company. To this I added a new fuel tank off ebay, various paints and smaller fuel hose. I carried out the work and the end result is in the second photo below.

I did a longer write up for the Minari Owners Register News Letter complete with more photos but if anybody is interested in reading the full version on the modification I will reproduce it here. Let us know.

One day this Minari will be finished............

Photobucket record of Minari rebuild: http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/paulo ... t=3&page=1

Spacenut

Re: My Latest Modification

Post by Spacenut »

That looks like a really neat job. Dark metallic colours aren't easy to match, but I can't see any evidence of the old filler position - well done!

Nice gold wheels, by the way :D

PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Thanks Lauren. From up close the paint is obviously not a match as we have no idea what the original colour is, I had to trawl through a lot of colour books at my local auto paint factors to select what I thought was the closest. Most people don't like the wheel colour as they say it and the blue is just tooooooooooo Scooby! Anyway when the mechanicals are all done then the whole car will be painted in one colour and I plan to have either satin black or gun metal wheels to try and hide the brake dust on the front wheels. I might even get different wheels, just have to wait and see how the budget is .

Paul.

Photobucket record of Minari rebuild: http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/paulo ... t=3&page=1

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

It's funny how a random choice of colour (metallic blue) and corrosion protection for wheels should become synonymous with one particular make of car. I have a similar problem with the Nova - if it was red everyone would say it was a Fezza. Because it's green, everyone thinks it's a Lambo. I think the combination of blue and gold looks great personally, and as long as you like it, sod what everyone else thinks!

Lauren

PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Spacenut wrote:as long as you like it, sod what everyone else thinks!

Lauren
Well yes, but I never planned the colour scheme. The blue was a previous owners choice and the wheels are the colour they were as they came off the Sprint I bought to rebuild the Minari, (white with bronze wheels). I liked the look of them and like you felt the colour combination of blue and bronze went well, however I fancy change now........................................................................................................................... :ugeek: