Only Me

PaulC

Only Me

Post by PaulC »

Hello boys and girls!

I tracked down Shrew and he told me about this site, so here I am all joined up and everything. For those who don't know me I currently have a Minari Road Sport and am an active, (as much as you can be), member of the Owners Register. For my sins I am now the Chairman!! :o

I have had the Minari for some time now and have been busy for several years trying to rebuild it with mixed results, some good points so far like lots of new and rebuilt parts but it still looks like your average rats nest and is minus carpets. When it is right mechanically I will make it pretty. Currently I am chasing after a noise when I turn left from the front and to this end and it is booked in with the Alfa Workshop in Royston soon, so fingers crossed.

The Minari was originally built using a B reg 1500cc twin carb Alfasud with inboard front brakes and discs at the rear, now I have used an E reg 1500cc 33 based Sprint to rebuild it but the engine is now a 1700cc 8V. Hoping it will be finished soon. ;) ;)
One day this Minari will be finished............

Photobucket record of Minari rebuild: http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/paulo ... t=3&page=1

KevJTD

Re: Only Me

Post by KevJTD »

minari, still on my list of cars to own ;)

welcome on board 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Thanks Kev ;)

Photobucket record of Minari rebuild: http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/paulo ... t=3&page=1

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Welcome aboard Paul,

Great to have another Minari owner in, and a Chairman no less!

Hopefully we'll see a bit more alfa based activity now eh! :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Hi Paulo, long time no-see! And congratulations on your elevation to chairman!

Great to see you here, I'm in the middle of a lengthy restification too, so it's been pretty quiet in the Alfa kit lounge lately. At least your car makes a noise at the moment, mine hasn't run for two years :lol:

Lauren

PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Thanks Shrew.

Hi Lauren, good to hear from you! ;) Yes mine is making noises but not the right ones! Hope you get yours up and running soon.

Paul