Alfasixnut

Minari/Nova/?

Post by Alfasixnut »

Well there ought to be somebody in here by now! :cry:

PETROLHEAD

Re: Minari/Nova/?

Post by PETROLHEAD »

quite agree Phil, well spotted.

i'm not sure if lauren knows of us yet with the green machine Nova, but certainly a Minari owning friend of mine Alec has joined, but a little too busy or too cold fingered to contribute yet!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Hello!

After receiving three separate invites, I thought I would join the party!

Nice looking site by the way :D

Lauren

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Hi lauren
Its about time ;)
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Johnboy wrote:Hi lauren
Its about time ;)
Thanks JB - looking forward to making good use of this area, this is the first time I have come across an Alfa kit forum. I'm feeling like one of the gang already :lol:

Lauren

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

when we discussed the site 6 months or more ago lauren an area for kits like yours was always going to happen, glad you're on board ;)

now, just get talking to those minari guys and you'll have your own area at last to discuss the kit stuff without it getting lost amongst the other boxer threads :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Welcome Lauren - just the person to keep some of us in order and provide some great technical information!

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

a hearty welcome lauren, and hopefully you can kinda lead this little lounge along as you see fit too.

you shouldn't be alone for too long, a friend of mine, alec, a minari chap should be along soon too, but please feel free to grab who you can, and make it known that you can steer this however suits best.

we're all ears in the admin, so holla if you'd like to see something for the better, and we'll do what we can.

thanks again, and enjoy...
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Alfasixnut wrote:Welcome Lauren - just the person to keep some of us in order and provide some great technical information!
You reckon?

Seriously though, its great to be here. Thanks for the reminder!

Lauren

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

petrolhead wrote:a hearty welcome lauren, and hopefully you can kinda lead this little lounge along as you see fit too.

you shouldn't be alone for too long, a friend of mine, alec, a minari chap should be along soon too, but please feel free to grab who you can, and make it known that you can steer this however suits best.

we're all ears in the admin, so holla if you'd like to see something for the better, and we'll do what we can.

thanks again, and enjoy...
Thanks Shrew - I'm feeling right at home already... only strictly speaking, I shouldn't be in this lounge either, as the Green Machine is actually a custom chassis with an old Nova body on top. Not really a kit at all, in the accepted sense. But the Minari guys don't seem to mind, and you never know, we might get a visit from some S&J Milano owners (Alfetta-based), Raffo Tipo 12, Pelland/Kudos etc.

Looking forward to seeing what turns up!

Thanks again for the warm welcome, its much appreciated!

Lauren

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

No problem lauren

like i said, this is a little bit of a blank page for us, so if you feel like taking up the challenge of your own lounge sometime, give us a holla, we're all ears! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

gibot123

Post by gibot123 »

Hi peeps just a quick question really appart from the boxers did anyone design a kit for the v6 cars apart from the lancia stratos "hawk kit"
Always fancied a Minari kit when I had my Sud's but I've never had a garage so never happened. :(

AlfaCorseChris

Post by AlfaCorseChris »

China made some cars using Alfa V6 engines ! I suppose you can call them kit cars :D

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

gibot123 wrote:Hi peeps just a quick question really appart from the boxers did anyone design a kit for the v6 cars apart from the lancia stratos "hawk kit"
Always fancied a Minari kit when I had my Sud's but I've never had a garage so never happened. :(
Hi Gibot, thanks for posting. Although not strictly designed around the V6 engine, the S&J Milano was based on the Alfetta GTV engine and running gear, and I have seen one GTV6 version, back in 2009 at Spring Alfa Day. The owner had also grafted on the Alfetta GTV grille and lights, making the whole car more recognisably "Alfa" (the Milano was based on a 1978 Pinifarina styling exercise for the Jag XJS).

This is the one...

https://flic.kr/p/4vPu8n

This is what a standard Milano looks like...

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1919 ... er1sl7.jpg

Milanos occasionally turn up for sale, and there was even a chance to pick up the S&J Sportiva last month on ebay (one of only 2 cars manufactured before the company went out of business).

More recently a company in Sweden has started producing an open Ferrari Mondiale replica based on the Alfetta GTV. Called the Pagano, I guess it too could be a home for a Busso V6...

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss18 ... G_4199.jpg

I hope that answers your question!

Lauren

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I like both of those! and with Busso? YummY!!!!

I always really did like the idea of a well screwed together, refined and upholstered Hawk/Stratos married to a breathed on Busso, lovely use of two iconic pieces of automotive history in my opinion :mrgreen:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Totally agree , the guy who built this one has two both with 3.0 lumps . The other in air Italia colours 8-)
Attachments
image.jpg