Giulia Super

jobeed

Giulia Super

Post by jobeed »

Hi guys, does anyone know much about the Giulia super? I've always liked them, but don't know anything about them, but one is coming my way!

Jon

junior

Re: Giulia Super

Post by junior »

Great car with lots of spares and knowledge about. Ian Ellis and Alfaholics seem to be the main people for them.

Last time I was at Ian's he had a very nice one he was using instead of a coupe and was very happy to do so.

His was kept standard and handled and ran very well. Rust around sills, arches and the petrol tank I think are the worst spots.

Electrics are good and engine excellent. Some discussion about keeping up front tyre pressures to reduce the chances of cracking the

steering box as expensive to replace. Also taking care at parking speeds not to put too much strain on the box.

Hope that gets you started. I am sure there are many more knowledgeable people on here than I though. Good luck.

jobeed

Post by jobeed »

Thanks for the pointers. I had heard spares were more readily available. And the car is complete, with a lot hard work done - hopefully to a high standard!

I don't want to speak to soon, but I think this is going to be a manageable project for someone with limited skills/experience like myself!

jobeed

Post by jobeed »

I'm in Lucca tonight, chilling out having been searching the chianti region for a wedding venue the last few days. Found one and my mind has turned to the wedding car! I am due to pick this up a few weeks after I get back and I think it will be quite suitable! I have until next September to get it ready!

Do you think the missus will mind bucket seats?
Attachments
IMG_1153.JPG

jobeed

Post by jobeed »

Well, after shrew delivered her to me about a month ago, this was the first time she's been out of the garage for an inspection. I'm pretty happy!

I wiped her down with a soft damp cloth and inspected the paintwork. I'm now expert but not bad, a few chips, a couple of very small marks. A thin mist of white over some panels that polishes off.

The bonnet is bad however, you don't really see it easily, but lots of little bumps/blisters in the middle of the bonnet. I took a few snaps, and am going to touch in the little chips and want to find a good painter for the bonnet - any recommendations let me know.

Then it's a full set of rubbers and find a missing quarter light, and fit the glass and doors properly.

A couple of pics if anyone is interested:
Attachments
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1380.JPG

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Looks like a very sound car inside and out - very nice 8-)

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Lovely , very smart. 8-)

junior

Post by junior »

Hate to point out the elephant in the room, and can understand your concern about the paint chips,

but you seem to be missing a complete interior ! :shock: :lol:

Watch out for door seals as some of the new ones are too fat or springy and do not allow the doors to shut easily, so if you have old ones keep them.

Also from my experience I would put some anti rust around the lip, the petrol tank sits on whilst it is in its currant condition.

Good luck with it all, should be a lot of fun. What engine is in it ?

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Yeah agree about the door seals . A p5 coupe I did some bodywork on .The owner has just put new seals on and it was a nightmare to open .